Conspiracy Theory -what is so different between Flu & Covid 19?

The man advising the Swedish government now admits they were wrong.

Bordering on criminal for me.

Well if the Swedes are bordering on criminal what do you class Trump as?

Donnyā€™s in a different class. :grinning:

2 Likes

Good articleā€¦thanks.

1 Like

Yes thanks Mike. I spotted this earlier. When one hears people who have worked with viruses for years saying how dangerous C-19 is, itā€™s frustrating that so many people are becoming very casual about it all.

3 Likes

I listened to him on the radio yesterday. Covid attacks other organs than the lungs if you have the extreme immune response. and he wants people to understand that.

1 Like

I thought Iā€™d revisit this thread again.

It should be obvious by now that Covid is not remotely like seasonal 'flu - the ONS estimate that about 5.6% of the UK population, roughly 3.75 million people have had Covid (the true total might easily be double that), of whom at least 50k have died - again the true total is probably closer to 75k.

That gives an infection fatality rate of 1-2%, way higher than 'flu which is around 0.1% and 75k excess deaths is many more than 'flu has ever caused in one year (outside of pandemics, obviously) - and weā€™re not done counting a whole year yet - and that is with concerted (if less effective than one might hope) effort to contain the virus.

However I have been reflecting on Markā€™s original question of late and it has struck me that he has a point.

Maybe we should ā€‰take 'flu more seriously and work harder to reduce its annual toll.

2 Likes

Hopefully, people will start to take it more seriously and will have the vaccination thatā€™s been available for many years. Imagine how many more people would have died without the vaccination?!
Izzy x

2 Likes

Unfortunately our local pharmacyā€™s donā€™t have any flu vaccine and they doubt if there will be any this winter! They are hoping with the vulnerable isolating that will slow any spread :pray:

2 Likes

We are on the list at our local pharmacy, but as we are hardly going out, except for the dentist at the moment, I imagine that they think we are not so much at risk.

1 Like

Our pharmacy has a notice on the door saying no flu vaccine but you can reserve it. A neighbour went in and asked to reserve it and was offered the jab immediately!

2 Likes

We have now tried about 6 pharmacies with no luck. So are about 200th in the waiting list at our local pharmacy.

I really donā€™t understand the logic of allowing anyone to buy the vaccine before the 13th October, and making those who are fragile/ vulnerable/immune suppressed wait until after that date. When, of course, stocks were already depleted. ā€¦ A friend who is a pharmacist said he ordered 1000 doses, which is what he normally gets through between October and Christmas. They were all gone in 10 days.

We were rung by our pharmacy this morning and told that they had our vaccine. There is a notice on the door saying no more vaccine. The young lady who vaccinated us did a better job than the nurse.

2 Likes

Flu Jabs/vaccineā€¦ these were not available until the date nominated by governmentā€¦ not in our local town pharmacies, certainly.

Iā€™ve just spoken with my own pharmacist and he tells me that whilst they did have good stocksā€¦ the world and his wife have demanded the stuff this yearā€¦ far more than expected.
Hence, they have run out and have a long list of ā€œbookingsā€ for when the next delivery arrives. :upside_down_face:

Hi Paul, if I was being referred to, I would just like to add that I meant the trend on previous years graphs for the time of year and certainly not that Flu and Covid were anything like the same.

Not specifically, or even at all :slight_smile:

1 Like

Not available by prescription, but freely available to buyā€¦and this is direct from people who did so in three different departments before 13th Oct. Indeed I went into my pharmacy on the 8th Oct with my prescription and she said she couldnā€™t fill prescription, but could sell me a vaccine for 12ā‚¬. Sadly I said I would return later, by which time it was too late,

Of courseā€¦ I quoted what was happening in the 4 pharmacies, locally.
The Vaccine was not available before the dateā€¦ no ifs or buts.

Itā€™s clear that not all pharmacies follow the same rules/regimes/whateverā€¦ :roll_eyes: :wink: