Cotisation foncière des entreprises 2015

Thanks for your reply. I will keep on plodding. Yes, I do get the feeling that is just one more hurdle to test the patience.

Thanks for your reply. What I have received is not a demand, but a form to complete asking also sorts of info 're the property which given I work from home, they should have. I will have a look at the link, thanks. Good luck with your venture too :-)

Thanks very much for your response. Greatly appreciated. I will keep my eyes and ears open.

Hi Alex, long time no see.

Beverley, I just paid my CFE on Sunday. We are both into our fourth years as AEs and this is new, so a potential mess. As a newly registered AE you are exempt for the first period, not sure whether it is three years though. I gather everybody got the forms though and most of us the bills. If you have any doubts call URSSAF and explain. Be warned, from others I know the English language line is useless, so I hope you can use it as it comes.

Hi Beverly,

I registered as AE in Dec 2013. At that time the exoneration was 2 years I think. I received a demand for CFE this year but when I queried it, was told I would receive a "dégrèvement"- basically a cancellation note- which I duly did. However, I was told that as the law had changed in July this year, I would be liable for next year, i.e. the second year of business - 2015 for me. The charge is set by the commune of your registered address and there is a very rough scale for income (under or over 10000 euros a year if my memory serves me correctly). There is a group, Les Poussins, campaigning for the tax to be made relative to income but this is not the case currently so we have no control over the amount set. The CFE tax is applied to all AE businesses with the exception of things like Artists, I believe. You need to watch this one - many mistakes are being made by the tax office and the situation seems to be changing constantly. For many AEs this could be the final straw in deciding to jack it all in. Good luck !

Hi Beverley,

You are definitely exempt (exonerated) from the CFE tax - whether for one or three years I do not know - the law did change in summer 2014 but I am unsure when this kicks in with new AEs.

A woman I know, received a demand of CFE which stated she owed zero - she is AE since 2012 I think, so her exemption seems to be automatic.

Have a look at this link - http://www.startbusinessinfrance.com/blog/post/contribution-fonciere-des-entreprises-tax-cfe-tax-exemption-ends

There is also a link at the end of the article to another article explaining what it is.

Best wishes with the biz - I am also setting up in new year to work online. Needs must...

Thanks for your help. As you say, I will fill it in and send it off, and cross my fingers! When people say it is a minefield they are not joking! Thanks also for the good luck.

Hi,

If it's the form, fill it in and send it back. As far as I know, you will be exempt for the first three years as an AE, although that law has just changed. But laws in France are not retroactive, so you should be in the clear.

I got a demand for CFE money a few weeks ago. I phoned this morning and said I should be exempt (I started mine in 2013), and the person on the phone said they did not have me down as an AE, and had randomly made me a Micro. I am to send a letter explaining this, with a copy of the demand for money.

So you can expect anything to happen after sending the form in. But sending it in is a good start.

Good luck with your virtual assistant job.

Alex