Cotisation Foncière des Entreprises

Hi Everybody!

I recently became an AE and was wondering if I have to apply for an exemption for the CFE?

Does anybody know?

Thank you

Yes. Initially you were only exempt from CFE (originally Taxe Professionelle) if you subscribed to the taxe liberatoire however this was then extended to all AEs for the first three years. we expect to receive one each in the next few days. What is so annoying is that it is the equivalent of business rates, yet we have already paid domestic rates on the same property now we have to pay business rates x 2 on the same property. Grrh.

yes after three years you get a bill. expect to get one myself now

Hi Wendy - presume this *while you pay tax liberatoire (ie each month or each three months) it's automatic that you don't pay CFE (at the moment!)* doesn't apply after the first three years are up? As I have just received one :(

Thank you Wendy and Sarah, I will await the post and act accordingly!

As Wendy says it should apply automatically to all A/Es.

I received a form from my local tax office which I completed to confirm my tax liberatoire and give details/size of my home-office.

My first bill (which clearly stated, nothing to pay) also showed the minimum CFE charge.

i received a bill the first year and just wrote a letter to them.....

Wendy, thank you for this.
Do I need to fill in the exemption form?

For the first three years and while you pay tax liberatoire (ie each month or each three months) it's automatic that you don't pay CFE (at the moment!)