COVID-19: Consultation post-confinement

Just received this following email from L’Assurance Maladie and I was wondering whether anyone has also received this and has already taken up the offer and if so what the “consultation longue” actually covers? If it includes getting tested for the virus I would take it up. Otherwise not sure I’ll bother. Going to the doctors involves the risk of meeting sick people!

email from L’Assurance Maladie
Vous êtes âgé de plus de 65 ans et les mesures de confinement liés à l’épidémie COVID-19 ont pu rendre plus difficile votre suivi médical. En effet, il était peut-être plus compliqué de consulter votre médecin ou de réaliser vos examens médicaux.

Les conséquences d’un suivi médical moins régulier sur votre état de santé peuvent être potentiellement graves.

Pour ces raisons, nous vous invitons à prendre contact rapidement avec votre médecin traitant pour bénéficier d’une « consultation longue » prise en charge à 100% par l’Assurance Maladie, jusqu’au 30 juin 2020.

L’Assurance Maladie accompagne aussi votre médecin pour l’informer de ce dispositif.

I don’t think they test… it doesn’t say that (but who knows)…
they check you out physically… and give you best-advice… on how to cope in the coming times…

Consultation longue = detailed consultation/examination the full cost covered by your Assurance (where otherwise it might not be fully covered)?

it talks about the “impact of confinement”… which can have a very bad effect on folks…

We’ve both had an invite…

What an incredibly sensible idea.

I agree…but I fear our doctor will be swamped… and we are still healthy (no worse than before anyway…) Other folk may need his services more than we do… at this time.

OH needs a new prescription … which we were going to ask for by phone… and let the Doc decide if he needs to check OH over.

I think I’ll mention the “invite” when I phone and see what the Doc says…

I have my regular consultation with my MT on Thursday afternoon.
I’ve not had the letter but will see if he mentions it. He always takes my BP, weight, listens to my chest/lungs and checks for œdema anyway so always a generally good consultation.

Yep… same for us…

I know of folk who have deteriorated during confinement… both physically (due to inactivity/diet) and mentally…

I received the same email yesterday.

just a thought, Graham… our invites came by email… you might want to check your spam or publicity box… :upside_down_face:

1 Like

Our Mutual is arranged by @fabien and goes to Vanessa’s email so I’ll get her to check when she gets back from the market.

2 Likes

It came direct from Ameli.fr (ie the govt themselves )… not the Mutuelle…

as this is a Govt initiative… yippee…

She handles the Ameli.fr account too (I’m mollycoddled these days lol). She’s my gatekeeper :service_dog:

2 Likes

Lucky you i am not old enough yet to get one (though certainly in a state of decrepitude which would warrant it).

Yes OH has had one, but I’m not old enough even tho’ health wise more of a crock!

I have suggested he take it up as v keen he asks for a vit D and B12 blood test too.

Age is not the only “winning ticket”…

people at risk of being really badly affected by covid-19… as well… so you might get an invite…depending…

OH wins on several counts…

He is elderly, pregnant and suffering various maladies… :crazy_face: :crazy_face: :crazy_face:

I have only the asthma and possible BPCO but it isn’t enough.

rubbish… they’ll get round to you… surely… ??? in the meantime… pregnancy is a winner…
:crazy_face: :crazy_face:… only joking… I fall into the age bracket… just… but am not suffering from any of the suggestions… so I don’t feel I should take precedence over another who IS suffering…

My Doc will advise us… lovely man, overworked but highly respected by his patients…

Good idea Jane

I think it’s an excellent idea ,one of the worries in the UK is people haven’t been seeking health care that needed it. This seems like a good way of picking up things that may otherwise be missed

3 Likes