COVID-19: Consultation post-confinement

And cynical me says that GPs have been saying that their income levels have dropped as people haven’t been going to doctors, so this should redress the balance and keep them afloat.

cynical… may be… correct in a few cases… may be. but overall…no,I see this offer as a positive step… especially since many folk are suffering financially and might baulk at medical costs…

another thing… France does seem (to me anyway) to prefer “prevention”
and by early identification of problems which might have been aggravated or caused by Lockdown… they will be able to treat before things get out of hand.

a win-win situation…

by the way… (I did mentioned this ages ago)…
our Doc said he would continue being our MT for FREE… if UK did stop paying for our healthcare… so he is on my Christmas list…

1 Like

OH had his consultation this morning. MT was delighted to see him, as he had not been in for several years, but somewhat curious as to why he was there. He showed her the email from Ameli which didn’t resolve her confusion at all as she had zero knowledge of it. She phoned a colleague who was also oblivious. Anyway, she did standard checks (he was pleased to know his liver wasn’t overflowing…:no_mouth:) and gave him a prescription for the full works blood tests. That was it.

Then it came to paying and she couldn’t find the code to enter it as 100%. More phone calls to colleagues, and still no code. Eventually he just paid and took a feuille de soins to reclaim it.

So a bit of a non-event really.