Covid 19 - The Next Chapter đŸ€”

I’m thinking of going into town tomorrow (it’s market day) and loitering round the mobile crĂȘpe vans and sausage-and-ribs stalls wearing a paper mask, giving the occasional dry cough, and wiping my forehead with a large spotted handkerchief.

I’m opening a book and taking bets on how long it takes the gendarmes to come and take me in charge for inciting grippeophobia with intent to cause panic.

Any takers?

Odds on 3 minutes delay 100-1, other odds will be boarded when the first stall-holder packs up and drives away.

1 Like

Funny thing is that not many people seem overly concerned that Flu kills an average of 10,000 people in France every year according to government statistics. I suppose that it’s not newsworthy as it isn’t anything new.

2 Likes

I agree entirely, Robert. I also agree with those who say that this Chinese plague is a distractor from local issues that the UK Government want to hide.

It’s also ironic that the same government are giving the police powers to force people who sneeze grievously with intent into quarantine. Last week they were lambasting the Chinese for detaining Brits who wanted to start a free-world killer pandemic by going home to do so

I see that a fifty-year-old Scout Leader has “made a full confession”, after being “named and shamed” as a “superspeader” of the vile “killer virus” from China, as recommended on Sky TV yesterday by the “celebrity commentator” and “television pundit” Carole Malone, who is well known as an Olympic Standard nose-poker and scalp-scratcher herself.

I shall sleep sounder in my bed to know this plague-bearer is locked up in solitary, and hope someone has washed her hands thoroughly after safely throwing away the key into an appropriate bio-hazard receptacle.

Looks like the Chinese have decided that the genie is out of the bottle and there is nothing to be gained by hammering the cork back in.
Now the rest of the world thinks they can succeed where the Chinese failed. I wouldn’t give them odds on finding and administering an effective vaccine to the entire population before the disease has run it’s course.
Just keep on washing your hands, folks!

3 Likes

Do it the right way. Nurses always do. Doctors sometimes (but not always) do, except in theatre when they have to.

1 Like

Avoid close contact with others, such as cinemas etc.
Stay off planes where the air is re-cycled and don’t forget that masks, when they become damp through your breathing become useless.

2 Likes

The solution to that damp mask issue is use a snorkel with a car air filter on top. Foolproof. Also useful if there’s any flooding in your are.

4 Likes

Just spent 15 minutes completing detailed grippenet.fr questionnaire, researching public awareness of the Covid 19 ‘threat’ to France. I signed up two years and fill out a weekly (very simple) health status questionnaire to help keep provision linked to need.

Worth signing up to participate in this user-friendly nation-wide public health initiative, knocks the pathetic UK set-up into a cocked hat IMO.

Community Health Councils were swept away during NHS reforms several decades ago: a powerful and crucially important organ of community health policy while it was in place.

Glad to be in France where the principal ‘stakeholders’ in Health Promotion and Health Education are the citizenry, allied to the relevant front-line professionals, not private corporations retailing junk food and dodgy health insurance policies.

2 Likes

Like it.

I remember being in hospital in Macon and we were served mussels for supper, super, but I wonder if it would ever have occurred to serve them in UK and how many plates would have been returned full?

1 Like

The meal I was served in Besançon hospital
next time I’m coming to Maçon!

1 Like

Yuk
looks like the grubs we get in the garden!

4 Likes

That was in the Polyclinique, not the Centre Hospitalier.
I was on a fat free diet there.

@Jane_Williamson on a fat free diet :slightly_frowning_face:

Macaroni and spinach? Looks healthy and appropriate as a fat free meal, but a little garnish would make it a more mouth-watering dish IMO. Suggestions?

I’m not on a fat free diet - that’s the other Jane! Last night we had pasta tossed in oil, garlic and pepper, with spinach sauce as it happens, which was tasty and well seasoned with a hint of nutmeg. So I agree this a perfectly fine meal. But the hospital version was totally tasteless and had the texture of wallpaper paste with lumps in.

3 Likes

Please support your local shops and do your scary act at the biggest supermarket draining the center.

Just joined up too :slightly_smiling_face:

1 Like

I just got my Grippenet update Peter. It’s a brilliant idea, they should advertise it more and make sure there is an adequate spread of contributers by region. It’s a realtime mapping of where flu (Covid-19) hotspots are. If things do deteriorate I’m off for an extended break in Corsica.

1 Like

I was on a fat free diet because they were taking out my gall bladder!