Covid booster without Carte Vitale

We arrived in 41 two weeks ago after signing for our new house ( holiday home not full time residence ). I’ve booked myself and wide for booster at vaccination centre on Monday however it stated via Doctolib reminder email that a carte vitale was required. However when I booked it last week it clearly said a CV wasn’t needed.

Will this cause a problem? My wife is on an Irish passport with me on British one and we have proof of French address, bills etc.

no idea… but why not ask at your Pharmacy… they’ll probably know the procedure for folk who are visiting and needing jabs…

If by any chance you do get the jab you’ve booked… check whether or not it is free.
Some Medical centres etc often send out Bills some weeks in arrears… so make sure someone collects/checks your Post, if necessary.

If the worst comes to the worst you’ll just have to pay for it, and may or may not get a refund - I don’t imagine it is very expensive. My flu jab this year was 22 €, normally it is free but either the MGEN forgot to send me the letter or I lost it.

1 Like

Friends didn’t pay for their tests before returning to US… “but we weren’t asked to pay” they told me later, after I found a Huissier letter arrived chasing non-payment…

so just be sure you know what’s what…

1 Like

They used to be open to all, but not any more I think. But as Vero says it’s not very expensive.

Mais selon Ameli, les personnes étrangères ne résidant pas en France mais en séjour temporaire sur le territoire, comme les touristes, sont exclues de la vaccination et de la prise en charge par l’Assurance Maladie.

There is some nastiness in the Rhone Alpes at the moment where they have stopped allowing refugees access to the vaccine, so they are stuck without a pass sanitaire and can’t do anything. And of course they can’t afford 22€.

1 Like

I have an Irish passport, (I do have my insurance number and am awaiting my carte vitale.),
I booked through doctorlib for my booster 3 weeks ago and was sent to Bagnoles le orne hospital. I showed the nurse my Irish ID card and a copy of my proof of prior vaccinations from uk, I wasn’t asked from my french insurance number and was processed with no problems at all, I was given my eu covid passport straight away which I scanned into my tous covid and it was accepted no problem. I would get an appointment and attend, worst case scenario they will just send you away.

1 Like

I had my booster done in Laval without my Carte vitale - they may ask for it, but just tell them you don’t have it yet. Also booked via Doctolib :grinning:
No charge.

1 Like

Was simple enough in the end. Reception were thrown by not having Carte Vitale but luckily the head person was fluent English speaker to make up for my average french and just told her to go ahead and process it.

Only sight issue is that the French QR code is issued for a 1st vaccine dose as the other two were back in UK and don’t count.

Not sure if/how I can integrate it with my uk Covid certificate for a pass sanitaire with 2 jabs plus booster.

You presumably have some sort of QR code/certificate from UK jabs ???

and, if I recall… there’s an App which handles this sort of thing…

I’m sure someone who knows… will chime in asap.

(thinking about it… you might have to wait until you are on Ameli and have your CVitale.)

The French Anti-covid app recognised the double vaccination we had in the UK, so there’s a fair chance (though obviously no guarantee) that it will recognise this as a booster if you scan the QR code.

What’s the name of the french app? So many different ones on the App Store. It’s it the tous anti Covid?

Yes - just opened it to look. Tous anti-covid. Calls itself anti-covid on the icon.

Just scan your uk codes into tous anticovid, then your French code and you will be good to go. The uk ones are valid for 30days at a time so you need to download and print them off your NHS app and scan them into your tous anticovid app every month.

Thank you all. Only thing they mentioned at vaccination centre was that the booster would go down as a first injection in France. So the app shows 1/2 and 2/2 for first and second and then 1/2 again for the booster. Hopefully with the rule change coming in Jan it will be recognised OK when being scanned in to places.

TousAntiCovid works if you upload the QR code of the second dose to it even if you don’t have carte vitale or Social Security Number yet. It is absolutely vital to keep any paperwork they give you in this case.

1 Like

just to give heads up… if you get your booster done in France, your two previous jabs (think its from January 13) will appear as invalid. So I would advise you get the booster done in the UK and your QR codes will show that you have had three jabs instead of just the one in France. Unless you have the three you will be ‘grounded’ from the end of January. Pharmacist apologised about this looming problem as she did it - but we live here and have no choice.

Don’t quite understand….I live here and all three vaccines show up on my pass?

I think it’s the fact the booster shows as 1/2 instead of 3/3 if you have had first two outside France.

1 Like

@stephenm

you might want to edit your post… to remove your personal information…

1 Like

You are a visitor here so I would have thought you’d have been jabbed before arriving in France. It won’t cost much though. I think mine was 14€ at pharmacy rdv. Refunded through my cv.