Covid finally got me :(

Very few people do I find.

4 Likes

A lot of thought has gone into that then.

@Stella - the OP was about UK, not france. As was my response.

1 Like

Hope you feel better soon. Iā€™ve managed not to succumb as yet. I imagine itā€™s just a matter of time!
Izzy x

1 Like

Apologiesā€¦ I seem to have 2 conversations about covidā€¦ on the go at the same time.
Iā€™m so glad youā€™ve cleared that upā€¦ Iā€™ll go and hide under the tableā€¦ in shameā€¦ :roll_eyes: :wink:

1 Like

Whatā€™s you jab countā€¦hope you soon chipper

2 Likes

Jabbed x3 which is full entitlement but the 3rd was almost a year ago and Omicron basically doesnā€™t care anyway.

1 Like

Sorry it got you,! We have been lucky also not had it, even with 2 Ados in the house for a week with it! I hope it passes soon and no long covid xx

1 Like

Hope you come through OK soon

1 Like

Thereā€™s some pretty smug replies on here, but be warned, if you have any underlying health problems itā€™ll find them and you could, like me just through intense coughing for three days, suffer life changing injuries. Over sixties wear an ffp2 mask.

Sorry to hear you have struggled Yosushi. Not sure these replies are smug, so much as grateful and (obviously) hoping Billy comes through easily.

1 Like

@Yosushi - like SuePJ Iā€™m sorry to hear that you have run into significant problems, and hope that a full recovery is possible for you

I confess that I didnā€™t read smugness into the replies either.

Iā€™ve been very lucky to only have had mild symptoms so far - though Iā€™m very mindful of the scenario that Stella describes of relapses. Still testing positive this morning but feeling much better than I did yesterday.

Not everyone gets away with mild symptoms, Covid can still kill despite vaccination and new (or redeployed, though I see WHO seems to currently be advising against use of remdesivir) antiviral drugs or more effective use of traditional drugs such as dexamethasone.

As I said previously (and even before it finally caught up with me) is is a mistake to treat Covid like a cold or the 'flu. I think it does throw into focus the fact that we have probably accepted too much mortality (and probably morbidity) from 'flu just because it has always been in the background, never affecting all that many each year so maybe not really impinging on many peopleā€™s consciousness.

We actually have a decent take up of 'flu vaccination in the UK - well over 70%, although this *is* below the WHO target - compared to France which, for most of the last 10 years has been only around 50%

Source: Adult flu vaccination coverage |Ā The Nuffield Trust

1 Like

Covid got me too now (for the first time). Iā€™ve been in a pretty bad state for the last 3 days. Some fever, terrible sore throat, huge amounts of thick mucus coming down towards my throat. I have to keep blowing it out of my nose and coughing it up from my throat. Donā€™t get much sleep. And this morning diarreah too (coincidence or covid, I donā€™t know?). All pretty tiring stuff.
It seems that Iā€™m not one of those lucky people who have mild or no symptoms. Does it mean that I have a weak immune system? Iā€™m normally someone active and healthy, not young, but not old either (fifties).

I donā€™t think that it means you have a weak immune system at all, just that Covid is a nasty little ***** which makes some people very unwell.

My wife was wiped out by it almost the whole week, her sister had Covid last year and was wiped out for more than a fortnight (and it took six weeks to get over it fully), my dad wound up in hospital.

Get well soon, take regular paracetamol and/or ibuprofen and make sure you get plenty of fluid in this heat - especially if you have diarrhoea (a recognised symptom of Covid). Can you get dioralyte in France?

1 Like

Thanks Billy, I trust that youā€™re recovered now?

Still faint positive on the test, but feeling fine now.

2 Likes