Covid winter 2022 + new vaccine - France update

I doubt if they make those Catarrh Pastilles any more - the significant ingredient seemed to be creosote :rofl:

1 Like

Possibly connected to the middle 3 letters of the affliction then. :thinking: :rofl:

1 Like

You could be right, there :smiley:

Figures still descending but advised not to relax the mask and hygiene precautions…

Booked another dose next week. Off to Paris later in month so any precaution seems good to me.

All seems v straightforward now compared to how it was to start with. Read the eligibility criteria, tick box and that’s it.

1 Like

2 posts were merged into an existing topic: Covid reflection from the UK

Is this the 5th jab @JaneJones ? If so I didn’t have to read or tick anything. :neutral_face:

I had number 4 (Pfizer) + a flu vaccination on Monday. Slightly achey this week but otherwise OK.

1 Like

Yup, my 5th. But all very light touch so not exactly difficult!

1 Like

OK, thanks, just made me wonder with mention of eliibility. that’s all. :grinning:
Perhaps we’ll have to do it when we have ours done.

We both had our flu jab yesterday - partner paid for his as he’s young! Covid no 5 in a couple of weeks time I think.

1 Like

3rd Covid bivalent booster booked via Doctolib at the local pharmacie. Took printouts of 4/4 previous Covid vaccination certificates + CV.

Just to save anyone the hiccough I experienced, I would advise also to take a print out of this Amelie page:

Confirms availability for persons over 60, at least 6 months after previous booster.

Vaccinated with BioNTech/Pfizer Comirnaty bivalent after a shortish wait and confirmation phone call. Huge bruise at needle entry but otherwise only mild arm ache and no nausea. Much less horrid side effects than with a previous Moderna booster.

2 Likes

thank heavens for some clear graphics…

Well the minister is half right. Unfortunately the current jab protects elderly or at risk for serious symptoms which the young do not need.

Latest details… looks like covid/whatever is coming back at us…

Covid aside, that is exactly what happens at this time of year and has done for many years, respiratory issues and winter. Hospitalisation every where increase with the cold weather.

Due to the increase in energy prices, and folks thus having difficulty in affording appropriate warmth at home, I would anticipate that respiratory illness and related hospital treatment is likely to be higher than average this year.

That’s likely to happen anyway, since we had a couple of years with minimal contact and transmission of lurgy around the population.

1 Like