CPAM apologies rather a long read

My husband had an accident at work. We have completed all paperwork as instructed by his employer and submitted to CPAM Nantes. To discover our Carte Vitale are registered with RSI.
Following an appointment at the CPAM office where we handed over original documents and also our own photocopies o (which were photocopied by tha counsellor) and completing the Attestaion De Mutation. We were advised all was in order. Indeed a week later we had confirmatiion email to say registered with CPAM. The help desk on 10th December cofirmed that the only piece of documantation outstanding was the attestaion de salarie. My husband spoke to his employer and asked for this to be resnt.
We visited the same office on Wednesday to enqiue how things were progressing as after 8 weeks off work and no money etc things are difficult. We were informed that our cards were not with CPAM rather RSI.
Our doctor confirmed that although I am registered with Affection de Longue Duree by our previous GP my carte vitale is completely blocked. I need urgent treatment.
Before I loose my mind completely has any one any advise please
Oh we have another appointment 18th December to hand over all documents

It does seem that the initial mistake was initiated by your husband’s employer.
However if you look up SOLVIT on the net they might be able to help.
It is an EU organisation that intervenes when there is a problem with EU nationals of differing countries.
You can call them and they might be able to advise you on your best course of action.

Hello Andrew…

With regards to your health condition…what does your current doctor say about the urgent treatment you need.

If the need is indeed urgent, surely it will be done regardless… ?? (would your old doctor be able to help/advise)

Wednesday was 11th December, so it could well be that the attestation that had been outstanding on the previous day was still outstanding, hence why no progress had been made.

I don’t really understand the situation. Firstly, it’s not clear why either of you is registered with RSI, is this a recent change or has it always been the case? Who issued your card/s, and who have you had contact with up to now, CPAM or RSI? Did one or both of you previously used to access healthcare via self-employment? Secondly, is the reason your card is now blocked because you have asked to change caisses so your dossier has been frozen because it’s in the middle of being transferred, or was it blocked before that? It may have been simpler to carry on dealing with RSI if everything was working smoothly up to now. Thirdly, it’s a bit confusing because you are called Andrew but you talk about your husband so I"m not sure if you’re a same sex couple, but either way it sounds as if you are piggy backing on your OH’s cover as an ayant droit because it seems to be you that needs the treatment and his rights that are being confirmed. For the future, it might be simpler if you asked to be covered in your own right; the ayant droit scheme is being phased out so you will need to do this soon in any case, and it has the advantages that you’re not dependent on someone else’s rights for your own healthcare.

I’m a bit of a control freak about these things and and I have to say I check my various online accounts at very regular intervals just to make sure that everything is as it should be - I check the impots and URSSAF to make sure I haven’t got any debts I didn’t know about, I check my healthcare caisse to make sure my rights are still current, I check my bank accounts, I check everything I can think of, and over the years it has paid off because occasionally you do pick up anomalies and get them sorted out before they become an issue. Well worth doing, I think.