Crédit agricole

Hello everyone,

Wondering if anyone has any tips. Logged onto my account today and the CA has taken €100 for a cheque impayé. There is a cheque number but no name.

I called them and explained I have not paid in a cheque (with that number for that amount).

They agreed there is no record of that amount being paid in but they insist that I have paid it in as the cheque exists.

Now I need to wait for a week as they will send me the cheque and then I can see who wrote it to me.

So I asked for the fraud number and they refused to give it to me as they won’t be able to do anything until I have received the cheque. I tried to explain that is a bit of a worry as who knows how many other mystery cheques may bounce in the meantime.

Has anyone heard of this happening before? I have been googling cheque fraud, but in this instance the only one who seems to have benefitted is the CA.

Thanks in advance for any replies.

I’m being a bit dim here as I’m not understanding why they are taking €100 from you.

Is it that a cheque for €100 was allegedly paid into your account, and credited, but this cheque has not been honoured by the other bank so they are taking that €100 away from you again?

Thank you for your reply.

Yes they are claiming that the cheque was paid in and credited, but then the cheque bounced so they have taken a 100 euros from me.

However they agree that they cannot see a credit for €100 on my account. I never paid that cheque in!

It is so frustrating.

Can you go into the branch and sort it face to face, that is what I do if I have any problems. Telephone for problems I find useless in most things today, face to face you get results.

1 Like

Thank you for your reply.

The problem is, and I should have sorted it ages ago, my agency is about five hours from where I live. It is a different CA.

I really will transfer my account now but will wait for this to be resolved first.

Re transferring your account. CA would not transfer it automatically as is their policy here from my branch 1200kms away. I had to open a brand new account locally here with a deposit to start paying prélévéments that the new branch automatically contacted their origins with a new account number, then I had to wait a couple of weeks for a new debit card to come through but could keep using the old account for a further two months until it would be automatically shut. Cheque book came quickly as well and the new branch transferred all insurances from the old dept to them here for me. I was given a lovely lady to deal with at any time and she even rang to see if I was better after having to cancel a visit to seeher, the old lot would never have done that. Hence, now any problems arise, I just walk to the branch and see her.

2 Likes

If they don’t resolve this next week time for a LRAR letter perhaps?

1 Like

This article is quite interesting as it lists the sequence of escalation (and hopefully resolution) routes - eg branch/client services/bank mediator etc - if in dispute with a bank.

3 Likes