Culture During the Lockdown

I remember seeing an episode of this when in UK. You are right he was excellent in the role. I still keep seeing him as I remember Rupert Davies him in the original series.

I do too but wasn’t it because Rowan Atkinson bowed out for other reasons?

Yes, he is a ar better actor than people give hi credit for. Onto the 'virtual stuff, great to get info on these events being prepared - keep,them coming!
I have a mate who is a longstanding member of the LOndon Welsh Male Voice Choir, who tells me they are doing rehearsals online - which must be a bit odd.
What strikes me is just how things like Zoom, Youtube, etc are really coming into their own these days. So many of us it seems are discovering things we would never have dreamt of watching (or reading) before the virus struck. That has to be a good thing when compared at the dross usually provided by the TV channels everywhere.
Hopefully a wakeup call to them as well!

1 Like

What I have loved are the small home videos that families have put together - sometimes funny, sometimes wonderful singing. One of the blogs I follow, the writer is very good at finding these gems. Especially in the early days it made all the difference to have a good laugh or a “this is wonderful” moment to be reminded life isn’t all doom and gloom. A couple of my favourites:

Family lockdown boogie

Father Daughter The Prayer

I think the Phantom of the Opera one following The Prayer is better. The daughter Savannah has a fantastic range - better than Sarah Brightman in my view…

And if you want to know more about the father/daughter duo:
1 Like

Thanks Graham. They are just super! By the way, how do you get the video to come up as a picture rather than just a URL please?

Click on the address bar right click with the mouse and select copy.
Then paste into your reply. The bot should do the rest :wink:

Thanks Graham, but that’s what I normally do - and it doesn’t. :thinking:

Inspired by listening to the Hungarian Rhapsody on Classic fm this morning…

I haven’t changed much, I listen to Radio Three and love it, especially the Mixed Tape and the Proms.
I also read a lot.