Curbing Unsolicited Telesales 2023

Sounds great… let’s hope the call-centres abide by the new rules

2 Likes

It is a step in the right direction. I will now think about answering a call from a portable that does not show the callers name.
I would have preferred if instead of d’utiliser, it read d’appeller.,.:rofl:

I didn’t see anything about stopping call centres abroad - the main source, in my experience - but it’s better than nothing!

1 Like

After the 1st April this year they were supposed to ask if you wanted to speak to them. That lasted about a week.

All the unsolicited calls we get come from 097 VoIP numbers.

We’ve been getting local numbers for a while now, but they come in blocks of 1000 numbers with the last three digits changing. After a few of them, it’s easy to tell what’s an unsolicited call.
If the new numbers are used, then I need to design that call blocker I’ve been thinking about for a while now, that will stop the phone ringing if one of a block of numbers is used.
Strange though is that I’ve had virtually no cold calls for the last 3 weeks or so. Can’t just be the festive season as it reduced greatly at the beginning of December.

I agree. I have had lots of calls from Belgium, hardly any from France. I don’t answer, then I block the number each time. There have been less calls recently.

I just don’t answer if I see its not a name registered in the phone screen.

For those of you with phones which tell you who is calling etc etc… possibly these new rules will make no difference.

For those folk who are pestered… hopefully these new rules will help. :wink:

I don’t know why, but I don’t get any cold calls, although I’ve been here for 5 years. All I’ve done is register with bloctel. I used to get calls from Tunisia and Morocco where they hang up straightaway. I blocked calls from these prefixes.

1 Like

I have a dual sim phone, when the ringtone for my French sim rings I answer in a montypythonesque Yorkshire accent, they soon drop the call, I have had the sim 2 years and all I get is daily scam calls, None whatsoever on the UK sim, which is my daily driver.
Also on the Spam front there must be a FedEx warehouse somewhere full of parcels just for me once I pay my $2 shipping fee :gift: :gift: