2012: Exhibited by invitation only - ‘AddOn’ exhibition, Sydney, Australia

2012: Exhibited at ‘In L’akesh’ art space, Katoomba

2012: Nepean Hospital, Penrith

2012: Photography classes, Blue Mountains and France

2012: Wedding photography

2012: Photojournalist photography – ‘Blueberry’ magazine, Katoomba

2010: Event Horizon Gallery, Katoomba

2009-11: The Edge Cinema, Katoomba – Blue Mountains Artist Company Exhibitions

2009-11: Nepean Hospital, Penrith; The Gallery Café, Bilpin; Aroma Café, Springwood; and DMF Emporium and Café, Warrimoo.

2009-11: Springwood Art Show

2008: ‘Female by Nature’ exhibition, Braemar Gallery, Springwood

2008: Exhibited Brunswick Street Gallery, Melbourne

2005-11: Director of Photography classes, Blue Mountains

Photography for me is a passion, an obsession, a way of life. Photography is a method whereby I can give people joy. It takes me into a world of creative possibilities. It is the tool by which I express myself.

I take photographs because it gives me pleasure. The pleasure of getting out into the beautiful landscape; the pleasure of teaching people how to take better photos; and the pleasure of meeting and photographing new people.

I opened my own photography business whilst still at school in 1974 – ‘Cambridge Photographics’. In the same year I became chief photographer and photographic editor of the school magazine.

My first paid work was on-field photographer for the Penrith Panthers rugby league team.

As a teenager I photographed some of Australia’s top bands of the 70’s such as Sherbet, John Paul Young and The All Stars, and Skyhooks. I was also exhibited at the Australian Centre for Photography, Paddington, Sydney, before I left school.

I have since won numerous awards, been published in newspapers, books and journals, and have had exhibitions in Sydney, Melbourne and the Blue Mountains.

If you would like to participate in a photography class, either group or one-on-one, please email david_mapletoft@hotmail.com

If you are interested in seeing some of my work, go to http://www.redbubble.com/people/imaginedavid