Dental Treatment Costs

I’d want to be sure it worked before I made an offer. If it had seized up through lack of use, that would knock at least 60% off the asking price. :clamp::hammer_and_wrench::pick::wastebasket::thinking::upside_down_face:

1 Like

Sort of thing one would keep as, well, as a keep sake in the collection not for use, glass case comes to mind. :grinning:

It’s not a wind-up toy, Peter. This is a highly technical, made-to-measure piece of dental equipment… definitely suitable for someone’s curio collection… :thinking: I’m getting to like the idea of selling it for (possibly) some amazing sum :money_mouth_face:… mmm… but I’ll need to find it first. :zipper_mouth_face:

1 Like

Christ, don’t get him started Stella, God know where he’ll go with it? The mind boggles. :shushing_face:

2 Likes

Best laugh out loud I’ve had this month, Wozz! :joy::joy::joy::joy::hugs:

1 Like

Bathroom cabinet or bedside locker comes to mine! :scream:

1 Like

Depends on ones tastes & fancies , I’d have in the library with other exhibits, but why not the bedroom locker. (where are you taking this Pete)? I’m getting a bit worried.

I’m strictly in Steradent and Lysol territory, you naughty thing! But I like you!

1 Like

1 Like

@vero

Just the perfect gift to go in the toe of a Christmas stocking, what?

Hope your chest is getting better, tubes clearing, toxicity too. :kissing_closed_eyes::kissing_closed_eyes:

For anyone not yet res in FR but faced with enormo-quotes from UK dentists, I can recommend Spain for treatment.

I had an implant for €1200, all in, inc VAT. Clinic with the very latest tech. English speaking dentists and receptionist [ah! Raquel … ] in Valencia. I am returning to VLC [home a.t.mo] in a couple of weeks via Ryanair for £13.99 inc £1 carbon offset.

A pal had a quote in UK for 5 implants - £11,000. He had them done in Marbella for £6k.

1 Like

I do get a bit fed up of people holding up Africa/India/ etc as a beacon of natural simplicity. The long term health statistics for these countries are not fantastic even if fewer holes in their teeth, and neither is mortality. Gum disease is implicated in many inflammatory illnesses and other diseases that affect older people from all cultures.

Yes, you’re right, Jane. I do bang on about the virtues of African society, and there is a whole heap of social ills including epidemic communicable disease, maternal and child mortality, malnutrition, widespread poverty etc etc. Chasms that separate the reasonably well-off from the destitute masses, corruption etc etc.

Undeniable and, I think, down to very low population density, huge distances, desperately poor arable land, and extreme climates.

But on the whole those Africans that survive to maturity have very good teeth!

Like the Afghans, but in their case it is down to drinking a lot of green tea (contains lots of fluoride) and not necessarily having access to sugar. Some obv have no teeth just like Europeans of a certain age - I remember one splendid physical specimen dropping dead in the hospital I was working in in Peshawar when he came to visit his wife who was suffering from phosphorus burns, his teeth looked OK but one wasn’t and had pretty well destroyed his heart.

2 Likes

It is a moulded type of gum shield which helps to create more space between the upper and lower jaws thus relieving pressure on the temperomandibular joint.

I have found it extremely effective.

Ah… that is not what I was given … sorry for mistake.

Mine was a small thingy which fits under the tongue and offers/tries to make the surface of two uneven molars (one on each side of the mouth) more compatible with their opposite upper number. Only to be worn at night - it drove me nuts… yuk.

That sounds awful. My dentist tells me that this appliance is new and I have found it so successful that I only need to wear it occasionally.
It is made of a clear soft plastic, but I had a nightmare the first time I wore it I had a nightmare and woke up scrabbling at my mouth, so I wear it during the day. It is practically invisible.
It is specifically designed for the treatment of tm joint.

Can anyone point me in the right direction to find a table of standard tariffs for dental treatment?

work your way down the link… it might help

1 Like

many thanks!