Dental work in Hungary

I can’t remember who it was (probably one of my students / work contacts and there are 100’s!) so I will stick a post on my FB page and see what comes up.

My son went to Thailand in October and had dental work and a crown. It was excellent and all over in a week… He was in Bangkok. Very cheap compared with Europe

1 Like

Hi Paula
Thanks for your reply, Thailand does sound very appealing and I’m sure the dentistry is equally as good as many years ago while living in the U.K. we had a Chinese dentist who turned out to be the best we’ve ever used. I actually need quite a few crowns replaced along with other work, if I could guarantee one visit and no problems, I would definitely consider Thailand or China as an option, but of course that’s not possible, so I am going for a much closer option.
Thanks again for your reply and a happy new year to you.

Morning Roy - just back from San Sebastian and, possibly because I remembered your post (!), there seemed to be loads of dental clinics and aesthetic centres - certainly worth a punt. In fact, unlike you, we find San Sebastian (and Spain generally) to be much cheaper all round than France. Let us know how you get on!

It must be so handy to live near the border Simon.

Last nipped across during a holiday in the south a few years ago. Lots of French reg cars, not just stocking up on drink and tobacco, but soap powder and shower gel too !

If ever I needed a lot of dental work doing then I would go to Spain ! Cheap flight from Limoges to Malaga and a stay with friends would be a lot less than forking out a fortune here !

1 Like

Me too Ann !!

I’m always astounded by the reaction of my French family / friends when I discuss the low prices and great choice and service available in Spain. They kind of go into some kind of denial with lot’s of ‘ahhhh but…’ statements and head shaking - or even just looking at me with a blank, vacant type of expression :stuck_out_tongue_winking_eye::stuck_out_tongue_winking_eye::stuck_out_tongue_winking_eye: …could just be their reaction to me of course!!! :wink:

But…as you rightly point out - the shops / supermarkets on the other side of the border crossings are full, full, full of French reg cars…enough said. Hey - the Jilly Joneses would love it over there :smile:

1 Like

Hi Simon, we go to the San Sebastián area on average once a month, as we are able to make some good savings on shopping and fuel, plus we love the city. We also love the restaurants and Tapas bars, good quality, well presented, reasonably priced food. You may not realize that San Sebastián is the most expensive city in Spain, along with the most expensive street in Spain, Hernani Street, hence high prices are normally reflected in the professional sector. However, in saying that I am in the process of investigating dental charges in this area, along with Hondarribia and Irun.
Thanks for the input, it’s always appreciated.

We have been advised to go to San Sebastian to buy wall and floor tiles.

Roy - I’m gobsmacked (not easy!) - I had no idea it was the most expensive city in Spain - which certainly seems to be born out by all the stats etc. All I can say is ‘bring it on!’ - if that’s the most expensive city then Spain becomes more attractive by the day lol! We try to pop over via one of the border crossings (Irun, Puigcerda, Vielha, Figueras) as often as we can. However, I really love San Sebastian - for lots of reasons that would possibly be inappropriate to bleat on about on a francophile forum! :stuck_out_tongue_winking_eye::stuck_out_tongue_winking_eye::stuck_out_tongue_winking_eye:

Anyway - thanks for the insight !

That is interesting - so worth going to a different city in northern Spain if the purpose of the trip is to save money.

That’s not necessarily so. I used to live near to Düsseldorf and because of the high tech industry nearby and street with the posh shops it was often referred to as the most expensive city in Germany. At ground level however, the shops, supermarkets, bars and restaurants were no more expensive than anywhere else.