Descent into chaos

If it is too cheap, it is probably a give away.

If you want to buy clothes use vinted. My most recent purchase was a pair of brand new Hunter wellies , in the box, for 35 € plus postage which was another 5 . Normal new price is around 160. Plus , you are doing the planet a favour!

4 Likes

Awesome. I will have a look.

If you want new clothes and you have a C&A near you, they are your friend. particularly in the sales. I buy work t-shirts at 2.50€ a time. My mum bought two skirts yesterday for 3.50€ each in the sale down from 7.00€.

1 Like

Sounds good. There may be one in town if I can get there.

@UKfloatedaway
Whereabouts are you? There is a network of very good clean second-hand clothes shops called DING FRING, which belong I think to Le Relais, which are doubly virtuous because they also provide reinsertion jobs for people - there may be one near you. They are always on a bus route.
Le Relais is part of Emmaüs.

I will look it up, thanks, there is emmaus in town but they have been closed a lot recently.

Croix Rouge has shops in a lot of smaller towns - good for clothes. Have bought most of my phones in a pawn shop back in the UK, might be worth checking the french equivalent for computers/laptop?

1 Like

Emmaus and Secours Catholique for recycling. C&A and Kiabi for new.

1 Like

Sadly I moved away from my town with the awesome Croix rouge, I will see where the nearest is, and as you say, pawn shops like cash converters would be worth looking up.

1 Like