Designer Baby

What qualities would you choose for your designer baby?
Or would you just leave it to chance or inch’Allah?

1 Like

Well clearly Cummings and Sabisky would be interested seeing they are highly unlikely either of them to find a woman willing to have anything to do with them. And obviously their parents didn’t go the designer baby route, or maybe they did but got a half man half mangelwurzel genome. Or the lab misheard and instead of an ideal genome got an idle gnome.

3 Likes

Too late…Doesn’t Cummings already have a child?

Parthenogenesis?

or Clone?

Stolen, he’s going to eat it.

2 Likes

And there’s me feeling like Chronos when I pull out the weakest of my leek seedlings…!

4 Likes

mangelwurzel… what a great word :crazy_face:

1 Like

It was an answer on University Challenge last week!

@Fran24 ‘Mangelwürzl’

It’s German. It might be translated as “Deficiency Rootlet” :hugs::stuck_out_tongue_winking_eye:

And I got right.
However, when it comes to science and maths I flunk!

Our district nurse in Kent said that it was our duty to have more children as she had seen poor parenting in so many homes.

Whatever they were, didn’t work with my father apparently - took one look at me and vanished! Kept in touch with my elder brother though.
Met him three times briefly and each time he didn’t have a clue who I was, and more to the point didn’t want to know either.
I still grew up, didn’t end up in jail like many of my friends, buggered up three marriages, saw a lot of the world, and even made a few bob in the process.
So really how much does a Father really have on us, or give us?
Others have said to me ‘bette no Father than a bad one’ and I agree. Trying to cook up a designer baby is repugnant to me- as who says if the mix was right? What happens to the poor kid then?

Only my genes.

Just one more example of the way our European neighbors have added colour and richness to our language!