Did you have a good week? Any plans for the weekend?

I’m working

2 Likes

Lol…it is really difficult to explain vividly to those who have no fear of heights isn’t it…??? x :slight_smile:

I think it’s my only fear…

I watched a war film not so long back…rescue by helicopter…they ended up sitting on the edge of the helicopter whilst the cameraman was filming the landscape they were leaving…I instantly felt like I was gonna fall out of the on screen helicopter…:x :smiley:

1 Like

Well, I did what I had to do and I’ve stopped shaking now😉
My farmer neighbour was also on the roof of a house he rents out. He had a chimney stack to take down and cap. There he was skipping around like it’s the most natural thing in the world, and he’s over 70. Much respect :+1:

2 Likes

High fives to your 70 year old neighbour and high fives to you Chris…x :slight_smile:

My mom was always the mountain goat in our family…my dad served his two years national service in Cyprus…he had only just met my mom but she waited two years for him…

Our family holidays were always camping and hiking…there were several times our routes took us “high up”…I vividly recall one time where the only way forward was to walk a really narrow path around the edge of a “mountain”…My mom mountain goated the pathway and stood there holding her hands out to us…I held onto my dad’s leg for dear life whilst he clung onto the rock face and we inched our way along…x :slight_smile:

2 Likes

It is really popular now among younger people! I can do a basic stitch but really wish I had someone around to show me how as I would love to learn .

Catharine… I started knitting at Junior School… :thinking: (never knitted since) somehow I almost finished one sock… we found it, still on the three small knitting needles…waiting for the last few rows… :thinking::thinking: when we moved to France some 40 years later …:rofl::joy:

1 Like

I found out that i will be a grandma in May…so this weekend-im trying to realize the truth of it! My son is 18 and expecting his first child in Cali…:thinking::neutral_face::hushed::astonished::upside_down_face:

5 Likes

Huge congrats Meghann…! My son at 23 is nowhere near being a reliable father…my two daughters are no longer with the fathers of their children…(all under 10)…My sister in Canada has four sons…only one who is a dad but it took a dna test to establish paternity as she was cheating on him for two years…the Canadian government now take half his wages to give to the mother who now lives with another man… until his daughter is 18…My sister in Canada had to fight to see her only granddaughter once a month…I wish your son and his girlfriend only love and happiness and the same for you as a “grandma”…:heart: xxx

1 Like

Thank you…

Bonjour Catherine. You can get all the instructions to learn how to knit, crochet etc., on Youtube.
I often have to refer to it if I forget how to do certain stitches.

Good luck

Rosie XX

Brilliant, thank you! Xx

Had a very busy week, felled some trees that were in danger of falling into my étang. Bad news I actually fell in the ‘etang while trying to reach a difficult bit. It was cold and I was covered in smelly mud from the bottom and have a lot of bruises. :cry:
Good news, got the all clear from the hospital at Limoges about a suspect lesion on my skin, it’s benign although I will have to have yearly follow ups :hugs:
Yesterday I had a’ jam session’ trying out some different music at my partner’s house, had a great meal afterwards.
Today helping mum finish off one of her more difficult jigsaw puzzles, relaxing with a good book and generally chilling out. :slight_smile:

3 Likes

Wow, Ann… sounds like you are having a really good time… even if you didn’t find Nessy in the étang… :joy::rofl:

It was one of those situations where you either burst into tears or laughter. Luckily I saw the funny side despite being covered, and I do mean that literally, in smelly cold mud.
I dragged myself out, emptied my wellies, squelched up to the front door, stripped all my clothes off in the hallway and dived into a hot shower. Had to rinse all my clothes off in the sink before I could put them into the washing machine, mum’s reaction after the initial horror of seeing me like that was, well thankfully you didn’t have your mouth open :rofl::rofl:

1 Like

I might have to have a jam session during the week, my neighbour brought around a jar of her 2018 season coing confiture this evening.

2 Likes

It’s actually good with lamb :wink: :grin:

1 Like