Digital TV changeover and best Satellite options

I am hoping to get some advice, we are just about to upgrade from our analogue satellite reception to digital for our 2 gites, I assume this means a new decoder and cables and no doubt a dish and head change over.

They have bundles at our local hardware store, my question is which satellite provider gives the best range of English speaking channels along with a good mix of French and other European channel reception.(we are looking at free view channels)

Also do I need a dish and decoder for each gite (plus the house) or is there some kind of splitter arrangement whereby I can share the dish?

We have Sky in the main house (free channels) which we plan to keep.

Best Regards and thank you

Peter

If you get good reception of French TV, on your normal aerial, just buy a cheap box-about 15 euros. This gives you French Freeview plus some pay per view if you want them and should set itself up when plugged in. For UK Freeview we have Axil boxes - 25 euros - with dish lead plugged in, again, it automatically finds and stores the channels. If you need new dishes you can get them with 2, 3, or 4 decoders on each one, to receive separate programmes. With the Axil box you can get one with 2 dish sockets and a normal aerial socket so that you need only one box.