Disappointed in French vaccine progress

Mine happened on the 2nd day, but not too bad.

Let’s hope the death figures don’t catch up in the mean time

My local vaccination centre had loads of rdv last week. They sat there for 5 days and were then replaced with a- phone this number for a rdv . 3 weeks worth from 10 April to 30th at 5 minute intervals from 9 till 6. I’m 66 , no health issues but after 5 days I booked a rdv - for the 30th , mid afternoon. If - by then - I’m not entitled to that rdv I’ll cancel it. But keeping my fingers crossed.

Currently there are no rdv’s available for the 70+ age group in the Charente Maritime so us healthy youngsters will just have to wait.

I wouldn’t have booked if they were being taken up but for 5 days there were nearly 350 rdv a week for the 3 weeks listed. I checked every day and they went down by about 10 or so a day. I will cancel if the criteria for any over 60’s doesn’t happen in mid April.

:unamused: :weary: :pleading_face:

very true, OH, a youngster under 65 but with mild diabetes was offered one by our doc three weeks ago, I’m sub 70, just, with no serious health probs’ (that I know about) and when I saw him a week ago and asked i I could have one, he said Saturday, I’ll call you with a time and I rolled up 2 days ago. Seems to me it’s about luck and asking.

Absolutely. That’s what we did.

chickens coming home to roost at 8pm tonight.?

Our neighbour who works as an orthopaedic surgeon in Dijon and is only 30 is now isolating at his home here as he has Covid.
The Paris hospitals are saying that they are filling up with people below 45.

Thanks Manu, our age group has just been pushed back a month, not impressed. :unamused:

So if you think the roll out poor here…just try and find this recent article, in the series in the Big Read in the FT . Shows how the Germans are apoplectic at their slow roll out and totally blame the EU and Merkel blames the individual state Govs. Tried to post the link but can’t!! Really worth a read.

We are a laughing stock’: Covid-19 and Germany’s political malaise

My daughter who lives in Germany is finding it quite amusing that the Germans are now being called out for being inefficient.
She says that she has known that for years.

1 Like

https://www.ft.com/content/bc5a3b02-a90d-4206-a441-1bada29feba2

Is this it John ?

As @anon88169868 predicted a few weeks ago, the UK really getting on with it now. Really hoping that France can catch up soon and get everyone vaccinated and the country re-opened. Desperately hoping to visit in October.
Izzy x

French numbers shaping up well though - just shy of 370k doses on Thursday, more than 1.2million Monday-Thurs and just shy of 9 million have had at least one dose, with nearly 3 million having both.

It could do with being a bit faster, and worries over the AZ vaccine might hit rates all over the EU but France is now nearly there in terms of daily doses delivered into people’s arms.

3 Likes

Great news! Let’s hope their supplies keep coming and they can continue at this rate. I miss France and can’t wait to get back. I imagine you’re itching to get to your house now. What do you think? July? August?
Izzy x

A post here about the Economist’s reporting of the “botched EU vaccine rollout”, riddled with errors and spin. We used to read the Economist avidly (perfect size and content for the doctor’s waiting room or airport lounge), but cancelled the subscription years ago when it had lost its relevance to us in France. https://twitter.com/fraguarascio/status/1377563741450014721

Do have a link for the article, surprised as Economist and FT are two ouy of just a few UK publications that get their facts correct,

1 Like