Disappointed in French vaccine progress

Yep, full speed ahead now, I got mine done last Friday, more than 14 million have now had the first dose.

1 Like

And looks like wIll get to 20millIon today…

2 Likes

We have both had both jabs now, tomorrow is our “Immunity day” two weeks after second jab. Not that it makes any difference!

1 Like

It is all Pfizer-BioNTech, Moderna around here so as I am in the 55-60 group I can’t get it, OH and FIL get theirs on Saturday but there is no AstraZenica around here, Nearest is 120km away.

I shall be getting mine via work in a couple of weeks (I’m in the same age-group as you).

1 Like

I am retired, next door neighbour got theirs as he is a lecturer, I don’t come into any of the classifications on the list.

• people aged 70 and over regardless of their place of residence;
  • residents in accommodation establishments for dependent elderly people (Ehpad), in long-term care units (USLD) or housed in independent residences and serviced residences;
  • Adults who suffer from a condition considered to be at very high risk of developing a severe form of Covid-19;
  • people (without age criteria) with disabilities accommodated in specialized reception homes (MAS) or nursing homes (FAM);
  • pregnant women from the second trimester of pregnancy;
  • people aged 50 to 69 inclusive suffering from at least one comorbidity;
  • residents aged 60 and over in migrant worker hostels (FTM);
  • all people aged 55 to 74 with AstraZeneca and Janssen vaccines from Monday 12 April.

There are 11 million doses sitting doing nothing in Holland and the EU is taking AZ to court because they have not supplied enough vaccine.

Didn’t they add this on 19th April

• Les personnes âgées de 55 ans et plus ne résidant pas en EHPAD ou en USLD et les résidents âgés de 55 ans et plus hébergés en FTM – hors professionnels ci-dessous ( 21,0 millions de personnes) ;

Yes but only for az or j&j :wink:

Just go to thé nearest centre at the end of the day and they’ll vaccinate you rather than throw away unused vaccine or just book yourself à Rdv regardless, i know others who have done that. I did it by the book and travelled for az jab.

1 Like

Oh and I had our first jab, AZ, on Friday. That was 2 weeks after asking our Doc when could we have a jab. 2nd jab scheduled for end of June. We are 66 and 64. Not complaining.

As soon as they put the over 55s up as eligible on Santé.fr we rang our doctors (we’re 61 & 68). my wife got given her RDV there & then (for just two days after the call) - I was called a few days later (different doctors, same practice). Now both jabbed with AZ, with both second jabs being done mid-June.

I had my first Pfizer vaccine on Monday in Pontivy which I scheduled through ‘KelDoc’. I was in file 8 and the whole centre was very busy. The file for AZ was noticeably empty.

Since this topic was originally posted, it seems to me that France has got its act together and have got the priorities right. We were fortunate to get appointments as soon as the “normal” over-65s opened and 4 weeks later (on Monday) had our 2nd jabs. Friends in their 50s got vaccinated at the newly-opened vaccinodrome without needing an appointment. Now, roll on, vaccine passport!

3 Likes

I am like @ColinHunter but asked doc and he said OK, on Saturday (that was 5 weeks ago) for AZ if you’re happy with that. No question of did I meet a criteria.

We did the same, weeks ago, when MTs were getting about 5 AZ vaccines a week. He added us to his list, warned we might get bumped, but it meant that we had shown that we wanted to be vaccinated PDQ. So when the local town brought in Moderna vaccines by the hundreds it meant that the surgery got in touch and basically said “come now” - worked really well.

French vaccine slots going unused

Great stats today for the UK.
Nearly 35 million now had a first vaccine dose and more than 15 million a second dose. That means all over 70’s and the clinically vulnerable are now fully vaccinated - including me! Had my second AZ jab on Thursday and I’m delighted to report that I have suffered no ill effects this time (apart from the inevitable sore arm).
Of those in hospital 99% are unvaccinated - proof (hopefully) that the vaccination program is having the desired effect.
Only 1 Covid death reported and 1,649 new cases.
Just need France to catch up so that us Brits can visit safely in the summer/autumn. Bit concerned that the lockdown easing in France is coming too soon though! We shall see.
Stay safe everyone.
Izzy x

there have been cases of the Indian variant here in France.
I wonder how long that will take to get around?

The “tous anti covid” app has a breakdown on the variants circulating
I find it quite informative, even when a few days behind with the numbers…