Distraught Husband - any suggestions?

We were out last night so he recorded the cricket, avoided listening to the news and has just watched the recording. He is now walking round sighing and groaning and saying “how much pain can a man take?”
Any suggestions? :slight_smile:

Perhaps a large dose of highlights from the recent ODI world cup final?

Followed by this:

This could work…
https://immi.homeaffairs.gov.au/citizenship/become-a-citizen

Me, I’ve just sent him out for a long walk with the dog and told him to get over it. And not come back until he has.

(But I might make an extra nice lunch…)

Did England lose then? :stuck_out_tongue_winking_eye:

1 Like

He’s comforted by the thought he is not alone in his pain.

Unfortunately memories of past glories bring on added pain, because there’s always the faint hope that this time too will be one of those (all too infrequent) occasions.

1 Like

Oops - sorry Graham - spoiler alert…I think it’s not called losing, it’s called annihilation

Chris thanks. He’s sorely tempted.

You could try to stream a great cricket documentary called “The Edge” from Amazon prime video or gift him the DVD as he will probably want to watch it over and over again to remind him of what great English cricket looks like. I must admit it worked for me and l don’t cry so much anymore. :blush::blush::blush:

I didn’t know they had DVDs in the days of WG Grace :cricket_bat_and_ball: :upside_down_face:
Hasn’t really been any great cricket since…

Not lost yet! :astonished::astonished: 3 days left!

What’s cricket…?!

3 Likes

At the moment, better to live in blissful ignorance.

1 Like

Oh my, what optimism. Archer is doing this for us single-handedly?

15-2…miracle required now.

Tell him to give up cricket and start following Bury FC.:grinning:

You have two sides, one out in the field and one in. Each man that’s in the side that’s in goes out, and when he’s out he comes in and the next man goes in until he’s out. When they are all out, the side that’s out comes in and the side thats been in goes out and tries to get those coming in, out. Sometimes you get men still in and not out.
Simples,

When a man goes out to go in, the men who are out try to get him out, and when he is out he goes in and the next man in goes out and goes in. There are two men called umpires who stay all out all the time and they decide when the men who are in are out. When both sides have been in and all the men have been out, and both sides have been out twice after all the men have been in, including those who are not out, that is the end of the game!

2 Likes

Brilliant explanation of a very complex issue.
If only Brexshit could be explained as simply!!!

Got to stay optimistic!! Maybe if Australia all out early and the batsmen pull their socks up​:rofl::rofl:. Roy needs dropping next match and maybe Root needs to give up captaincy-but who instead??