Distraught Husband - any suggestions?

Unmistakably Proust. :hugs::kissing_heart:

Probably better for his blood pressure

Thank you.

I forget who first said it (probably my old Granny) but, “Where there’s life, there’s hope”, and there is a faint hope.
Advise your husband that it could be worse - he might, as I am, be a Southampton fan (who, strangely enough, won today - does that prove my point?) unless, of course, he already is. In which case…

I’m not sure hope is what he needs at the moment - that will just continue the pain. Better a deep melancholic pessimism. Then there’s no downside. Only sheer joy if a miracle happens.

The fat lady isn’t singing … yet.

Husband has been singing (briefly) this morning - which means that the gloom has lessened because the humiliation is no longer total. The fact that they were not all out yesterday is seen as “A GOOD THING”

Looks like the fat lady will be exercising her vocal chords shortly…

Quite exciting though …

Torture!

Sue, please tell your husband, “Where there’s Stokes, there’s hope”.
What a finish!!!

Never in doubt…

RESULT :sunglasses::sunglasses::sunglasses::sunglasses::sunglasses: Top man Ben Stokes

Aussies were robbed, but who cares.:grinning:

For the moment I tell him nothing! He’s watching the highlights on Channel 5 this evening - this is all we get here.

I’ll be watching it, too. But, I listened on Radio 4 LW.
Astonishing finish.

Wow !

1 Like

A nice bottle of wine tonight I think…

Distraught Husband - any suggestions?

Change husbands? :wink:

2 Likes

My first wife did that, second one didn’t work out either so she changed again, divorce lawyer’s dream client.:grinning:

1 Like