Do we need a hard Brexit?

Except it wasn’t a decision caused by Brexit if you read the last bit.:wink:

I do hope that those glasses you wear suit you.

Don’t be like that, I was merely pointing out that just possibly not every UK business decision is driven by Brexit.

Do you mean the bit that says:

Maybe but unless all the parts that go into a Rover come from and all exports go to countries with whom the EU has no specific trade deal (so WTO terms anyway) Brexit will have the potential to affect their supply lines or exports adversely if they keep production in the UK.

It’s not ‘maybe but’, the link said ‘x’ not ‘x plus y = z’ which I gleefully pointed out.:grinning:

Driven by Brexit? Are you saying that Brexit was not considered when making this decision?

Lighten up David, this decision is hardly a big deal in the scale of things.

Surely my comment another chink in the armour suggested exactly that. The patronising nature of your comment sums you up.

The report might have said ‘x’, it might even have said the source for ‘x’ was within the company - I’m just saying I’m not sure I believe ‘x’ to be true.

Not meant to be patronising, more of a wind-up.

If the ‘source’ had spoken to The Guardian would you have believed it?

No, or rather I would have thought the same thing which is that the two halves of the claim do not strike me as necessarily related causally and I’m not sure that it is the whole story.

I confess my relationship with the Guardian is confusing - traditionally it is left wing and I am not but increasingly I find myself reading articles within its pages only to find that I agree with them. I’m really very worried by this development.

Excellent quote I saw this morning - “You hear talk of ‘no deal’ – but only from those who see setting fire to their head as an alternative to the hairdresser”

My own view is that Brexit is a bit like a middle aged man leaving his comfortable home and wife of 45 years because he has a fantasy that the 25 year old office junior will shack up with him if he does.

2 Likes

The latest Brexiteer racist bigot…makes my skin crawl… :eu::eu::eu::eu::eu:

3 Likes