Do you dye your hair?

Started colouring my hair when I was 14, mostly due to having a part-time job in a hairdressers! Over the years I settled on highlights as my natural colour was a bit ‘mousy’. Found recently that I no longer get on with the ‘chemical’ hair dyes available so I’ve now found a Bio hair colour that is perfect. They do a range of colours and no bleach, I use the light blonde colour which doesn’t give 100% cover but looks like the highlights I had years ago. Have it cut a local hairdresser ever couple of months & it’s perfect!

Anyone who is interested pm and I’ll send details of the website.

regards,Beth

2 Likes

Great Beth, I think that if you post the link here then many of us ladies, and maybe soime gents too would appreciate it.
Saves you being bombarded and we can all have a peek, thanks :slight_smile:

2 Likes

Here it is Ann,

They deliver here so it’s not a problem.

regards
Beth

4 Likes

lightning process i have begun

4 Likes

Love it!

2 Likes

I am!

1 Like

Beautiful…! It really suits you…x :slight_smile:

What colour are you ultimately aiming for…???

1 Like

I am going grey and i thought i might as well embrace that color…so grey is my end goal! I lightened it again…the red is very hard to lighten!!

What are you using to lighten it…???

My roots are coming in silver…I lighten my hair twice a year at the minute using the lightest blonde possible but I really love those grey/white colours available now…just not sure how to go about it…??? Whether to try and grow all the blonde out to my natural colour of silvery mousey highlights or whether to risk applying one of those lovely grey/silver colours on top of what I have…??? Dilemma…! x :smiley:

1 Like

Nah, just beetroot over everything! :rofl:

3 Likes

I have heard that to counteract red green is the best to apply! Being opposite on the spectrum
Years ago my mum used to put a blonde colour on her hair then she decided it wasn’t that different to her natural grey so she stopped ,until her great nephew announced that when he was three she wasn’t an old lady but now he was four she was .

2 Likes

Brilliant !
My problem now is that my fringe (sparse) is coming through really light (silver/white/grey) and it seems to make me appear lacking in hair there. OK I have the autumn shedding but even so I haven’t decided what to do.
At home (most times) I don’t bother but when going out I play around with beetroot (if I have some) or brushing on powder eyeshadow in various shades. This is time consuming and doesn’t acheive what I want.
Many, many years ago in the UK there used to be a product called shaders and toners. Various shades of blonde through the spectrum. They were in a sachet and washed in, they lasted a couple of weeks and then you could change your shade. They were really subtle and were effective.
Does anyone know of anything similar, I don’t want to end up carrot ginger and have to wait for it to grow out !

1 Like

I used 'toners 'when I was young they added a hint of colour without being OTT

1 Like

Yes Nellie, it’s the subtle that I want now. The ladies in our local town seem to be fixated with a rather peculiar shade of megenta/purple that extends all over their scalp too!
We are now down to 1 hairdresser so maybe it’s her strong point ! :astonished:

1 Like

Colorista (available in the supermarket) do a load of colours that wash out after a fortnight or so, so possibly similar?

2 Likes

I use just a box lightener from the market…the one that says it wont turn ur hair orange!! Kinda funny to say that cause my hair is orange-but that is normal for what my color was before and what i want!
Also…Olaplex is great product for helping repair the damage done by the strong bleach chemical mix. And a natural thing i like to use is coconut oil!
I hope this helps a lil!!

Thanks vero, will have to check if they have it in my town on the next trip. I fancy either the Peach or Pink ! :slight_smile:

Here u can see the process a lil more. The roots are alot more blonde so what i did on the second round…is i just applied the lightener to the rest of my hair and not the roots.
I really recommend Olaplex when using any lightener. Just add it to the mix…and use on ur hair overnight to condition