Do you have cats or dogs? Or a husband? Or a son? Or an open fire?

Shark (according to my little bro).

It is tricky with James Dyson’s Brexit stance.

They do come up cheaply on the Dyson Ebay store quite often for approx £130.

I do wonder why James Dyson gets such a negative press on this forum. I don’t begrudge him his prices at all. He’s that very rare animal, someone who is a great inventor and at the same time is commercially savvy. Over the years he has invested a huge amount of time and effort on invention and the reason Tory that you are asking for a “cheaper Dyson” is because the whole electrical goods industry has benefitted from where he has led and has not had to invest and so (of course) can undercut him.
I admire him for holding to his beliefs and knowing that his products merit a premium price.

I think it is down to his Brexit stance. We currently have way too many vacuums;
2 x Dyson battery types
2 x Dyson cylinder
1 x Dyson upright
1 x Miele cylinder
1 x Titan site vacuum
1 x Makita battery

I think 8 vacuums may be just about enough!

1 Like

If you do a search of James Dyson and brexit you’ll soon understand! As I said I do quite like his products - they are innovative / attractive / work well how ever I just refuse to support such a huge Brexiteer who then turns around and gets every EU subsidy he can get his hands on before Brexit. Just appalling and I feel strongly about voting with my feet / wallet so he won’t be getting my money.

and
A company owned by Britain’s richest man and arch Brexiteer Sir James Dyson bagged the biggest EU farming subsidy paid to a private landowner in the UK last year.

The billionaire, whose bagless vacuum cleaner business announced it was moving its HQ from Britain to Singapore last year, had £3.7million from Brussels ploughed into his farm firm.

It means the EU has now diverted £8.7m into the coffers of the agricultural operation, Beeswax Dyson, since the Brexit vote in 2016.
from https://www.mirror.co.uk/money/city-news/brexit-billionaire-james-dyson-hoovers-22747422 (sorry I know but it was just one of the first ones up and I need to go sort the washing!

Wow - and what do you rate as the best of them?

2 Likes

I flogged my Dyson as a point of principle post Brexit. Got almost what I had paid for it three years previously (bought in UK, sold in France…!) and bought a 60e TITAN from Bricodepot. It is bloody marvellous for the money and much better suction than the Dyson. It isn’t bagless but they are not expensive and last for ages. The cord was a bit pants but James put a longer one on and it it now better than the Dyson in terms of reach. Ditto the head, James adapted it very slightly and again now better. Probably not as good if you have acres of carpet but as a cheap ‘hoover everything including clumps of pet hair and bits of kindling’ hoover, it is amazing. James has now bought one for the workshop too and as and when mine dies, I will be definitely going cheap and cheerful again.

Ps - according to twitter, Mr Dyson has ordered his staff back to work despite Covid risks so another good reason to hate him.

Tricky - the battery Dyson are very convenient but only last 10-15 minutes - which is just about enough to whizz around the house. The Dyson cylinders are very good for cleaning the car etc and being connected to my mitre saw as a dust collector workshop vacuum.

Good on you! Do you mean one of the big barrel type ones?

What a f&(*^wit - he must be mates with Mr Amazon :roll_eyes:

no vacuum on vacuums chez vous then :rofl:

1 Like

James has got a bigger one but the house one is the smallest I think - emptied maybe monthly / every six weeks.

1 Like

oooo missus :stuck_out_tongue_winking_eye:

1 Like

Are they Blundstone boots I spy? :grin:

1 Like

Mountain horse and RM Williams :slight_smile:

1 Like