Do You Listen To Airline Safety Demos ? Every Time You Fly?

Remember going on detachment to RAF Wildenrath on a civvy flight from Luton and all the passengers were aircraft fitters of various types, I remember noticing that the cabin crew looked very embarrassed realising that we would know what to do anyway . good detachment though :slight_smile: :slight_smile:

1 Like

I’ve done a few ‘exercises’ with the SAS at RAF Brize Norton and RAF Northolt - didn’t dare open my mouth! (not easy lol!) :-:stuck_out_tongue_winking_eye::stuck_out_tongue_winking_eye::stuck_out_tongue_winking_eye:

This Air Hostess seems to have got it sorted - Do not watch if you are sensitive (contains some naughty bits)

1 Like

Great idea! That would certainly wake passengers up!

Last time in Jakarta, 1975(?) flying from Singapore pilot flew over an island causing the plane to increase altitude a lot, only to drop moments later. Drinks dropped… Do they do that still? Fly over a ‘bump’ ? :thinking: Same thing flying back to Singapore.

After 60 years of flying, YES.

1 Like

Always listen, life jackets ok if flying over water but hitting water at speed is the same as hitting concrete, parachute would be good too.

1 Like

Which makes it all remarkable that this US Airways pilot made a successful ditching in the Hudson River after taking off from New York…

1 Like

He certainly didn’t ‘sully’ his reputation.:grinning:

Not that I know of, usually flights from Jakarta to Singapore stay to the west or east of the 1000 islands, then curve into Singapore :smiley:

I always listen and i always give my passengers a departure and arrival briefing.

Now that is what i call a brilliant briefing. Ryanair need to use this when the party poopers climb or fall on board on their way to spain.

1 Like

Good job Air New Zealand !

That seems rather patronising of the Aeroflot staff.

Sounds like the passengers who were “deplaned” were complete arses and deserved to be kicked off.

2 Likes

Just as an aside, I think the advice to put your own oxygen mask on before trying to help anyone else is pretty good advice for life in general.

4 Likes

Couldn’t agree more Valerie!!:+1::+1::+1:

I listen, mainly out of courtesy. I also apologise in a shop if my mobile rings at the till and I need to take the call.

1 Like