Documentary about Expatriates in France

Enjoyed watching it. Like Roger, it gave me food for thought as I have a lot of things to decide at the moment. I especially like Jim's phrase "It's just important to be happy, it's not important where you are" and I will keep that thought with me during the next few months. Thank you for sharing.

I have just chanced upon this and I found it lovely. So true what Mandy says about her various roles in life and finally returning to meet herself again.

I don't quite know what the 'magic' of France is for us, I think it just liberates us somehow from other people's (and perhaps our own) expectations of ourselves. And Sheila, thanks to you and Henry, I recognised the soft Dublin accent.

COuldn't open it!

Very nice. You did a superb job of demonstrating that expats are "regular folks" and not crazy tax cheats lying on the beach in Nice (this is the prevailing view of expats on the US and I live in despair that this will ever change.)

Really liked it, Naomi. Was pleasant surprise to hear a Dublin accent! Henry and I (both Dubliners) are here since end August (still renting, haven't found THE house yet!) having spent a 3 month trial here last spring. Really nice photography. You don't credit the locations - am curious as to which areas. Sheila.

Liked it. I’m in a pretty traumatic “place” at the moment and Mandy and Jim gave me food for thought.

Hi Naomi

Just watched it and think it's great, really nicely made/shot and gives a nice insight to two different people and their experiences in France - both very different to my own (OH is French as are my kids, we both work - in short we have no time to relax like they do! but I love what Mandy says about the "expat bubble" group of expats - not my choice either (friends are all french apart from this forum) but there's room for everyone here!) The winter weather is very different in most of the rest of France too, often worse than the UK... those of us who live here, even in the South know that although the weather's much better, it isn't always perfect - the part of france you filmed may have 300 days of sunshine a year but it also has as many days with strong to violent winds - la tramontane :-O

But I really like the snapshot - bravo !