Dog training

(viv seinet) #1

Hi, is there anyone out there in the Creuse region who knows of any dog training classes anywhere? I’m in the Aubusson area but wouldn’t mind travelling further afield…

(viv seinet) #2

Thanks I’ll try the vet when I go.
All the other I’m already doing! Will probably just take time, but a group might be fun, and a way to meet like minded people in the area!

(Alison Mollett) #3

Ah - selective deafness - even Cagney gets that sometimes. Yes, try vet or SPA and hope you have luck!
I spose in the meantime you could try him on a long lead and give it a gentle yank and a stern voice if he doesn’t respond and big pats and praise if he does.

(viv seinet) #4

A bit of everything I guess…mainly recall. Once he has his nose to the ground he hears nothing!! He’s obviously had some training (he’s a rescue dog, no known facts) but maybe his recall is why he became a stray in the first place!!! It would be good/fun socially for him and me too

(Alison Mollett) #5

Don’t know of any offhand (we’re in Bosmoreau les Mines and our dog is past training) but poss worth trying either a local vet or the SPA (think they have a branch in Gueret)? What sort of training does your dog need? Lynn (Stone) may be able to help with some hints and tips!