Dominic Cummings

WTF

Just in case you had any illusions about Cummings being in charge

better they cross the floor now and remove this evil twat from number 10.

2 Likes

I’m not sure what he believes. Does he think it’s what people want, or is it what he wants or does he view it dispassionately as a job he has to deliver? I don’t know. He is certainly no showman like Campbell was but he is most definitely out of the shadows now. He seems a thoroughly nasty piece of work, as was Campbell.

@Poppyfields ponders, reasonably and thoughtfully IMO (though I’m not sure of her conclusions) :

Like you, Poppy, I don’t know what he believes. If we are giving thought to his political ideology, that is.

We can, however, safely infer that he thinks that the nation must act on the result of the Brexit referendum and its endorsement by the two main political parties since.

He may well believe that it Brexit is a very bad idea, a calamity: but that it is right to implement the decision of those who voted leave, notwithstanding it being a folly to do so. There is no evidence that he is not a highly principled man, albeit one who speaks very plainly and sometimes says fuck to make a powerful point. It has been known to occur in the best of circles :face_with_hand_over_mouth:

We don’t know. And because he has a very prominent and powerful position, and pursues a policy we don’t agree with, doesn’t in my opinion make him ipso facto a nasty piece of work.

Because, as you said and I agree with you, we just don’t know. :grinning::thinking::hugs:

This is hardly a surprise, and is from the viewpoint of defending the integrity of the party, essential. (For the Express to describe it as a ‘bombshell’ is just media hype.)

Any Conservative MP, regardless of previous rank, who votes against the government in a vote of no confidence is going to have the party whip withdrawn.
Furthermore, it is highly likely that they will no longer be supported by their local constituency party association. (Let us not forget that it was the grass roots that voted for Boris Johnson 2 to 1 over Jeremy Hunt.) Unless such an MP can find a home in another party, then voting with the opposition in a no confidence vote will end their political career.

‘The plan’ is not really about Brexit anymore, but is much more to do with trying to save the Conservative Party from annihilation at the next election, and no doubt Mr Cummings has been selected as being the best person for that job. He will no doubt be both crafty and ruthless because that is, in the circumstances, the only way to succeed in his allotted task.

1 Like

@Robert_Hodge soberly opines:

“The plan’ is not really about Brexit anymore, but is much more to do with trying to save the Conservative Party from annihilation at the next election…”

Much as it makes me gnash my teeth (metaphorically speaking, they are about 79 years old, my second and last set of real ones), I think that makes sense in the ‘real world’ of British politics. What to do about it is still being worked out by those of us that can’t see the sense in just bewailing the fact in impotent despair. :joy:

This purge of those who are not “pure of heart” has historic parallels.

dark shades of Henry VIII me thinks

1 Like

I was sort-of thinking 20th C

1 Like

Me too…early 20th…

In autumn 2013, Dominic Cummings, the shady snake oil salesman at the head of Vote Leave, wrote 237 pages saying poor people are poor because they have inferior genes and brains and rich people are rich because they are superior.

Know your place you poor people that voted for Brexit, what a lovely guy Cummings really is.

We know what hard core Nationalistic believers did to those they saw as inferior…

It’s difficult - there is a relationship between level of education and salary but it is mired in environmental and class factors. Poor people are poor for a huge number of reasons, not just genetics.

Presumably the Tories will only be accepting pure blood blond Aryans as members in fairly short order.

Brexit Collective cast aside those they can’t assimilate to their dogma.

Cummings apparently seen leaving Downing Street carrying a cardboard box…

2 Likes

Gosh Christmas came early!

2 Likes

now, just how long can Doris survive?
Is Gove moving in for the kill?

2 Likes

Mmmm…

Something is afoot :thinking:

One wonders if the ever present press contingent in Downing Street called out to him “can your find your way to the gate Mr Cummings?” :grin: