Don’t touch your balls!

According to a government warning touching ones balls whilst playing tennis is not allowed.
Ok, I know I’m a bit thick but how does one play tennis without touching balls ?
You cannot be serious ??

1 Like

Simple! Tap them with the rim of your racket (or racquette) and they will jump high enough for you to get control. Normal services are not allowed.
Getting your balls back into the bag when the game is over could present a problem. Practise at home if you want to look cool.

There was me thinking touching v; scratching! :wink:

Keep yourselves nice - rmember the latter is not approved of in cricket.

1 Like

that reminds me of a “famous/infamous” cricket commentary… :face_with_hand_over_mouth: :stuck_out_tongue_closed_eyes: :rofl:

Poor old Beefy couldn’t quite get his leg over…

Obviously there was more than one commentary which raised everyone’s eyebrows and was replayed again and again… I’ll try and find it on Youtube… :joy: :joy:

2 Likes

And as you join us here at The Oval, the batsman’s Holding, the bowler’s Willey, and England are having a difficult time of it. :slight_smile:

3 Likes

Once Brian Johnstone was commenting on an Eng v India test match at the oval where there is always a large Indian contingent. Worried about the onset of rain he announced “ Looking to the west the crowds are very black”

Germany leading the way, once agin, in Covid hygene…