Doth the Chinese protest too much?

Having banned and censored Western social media and search sites for years, I find the Chinese faux outrage about TicToc a bit rich. Of course Trump then ruins what seems like a sensible action by looking for a backhander for the Treasury. :roll_eyes:

Things seems to be hotting up with China on multiple fronts,. From Covid cover-ups, to Uighurs, to tech wars, to the South China Sea and even the Galapagos. I wonder if it can all end well :frowning_face:

They have had everything on their own terms because of the rush to exploit the Chinese market and now the chickens are coming home to roost.
How can anyone continue to deal with a country which threatened Australia because it wangted an enquiry into the cause of the Covid outbreak?
It is normal procedure to have enquiries into any major outbreak of dangerous diseases and the Chinese know that.
There is something nasty in the woodshed.

It’s a woodpile. There might be something in that. It might be an old woman with a pet cat, a black one. Let’s not go there.

You can bet your booties there is Jane.

Not if you read Cold Comfort Farm Peter.

2 Likes

You’d better tell me now, Jane, in case I don’t get round to it. I’m all agog. :frowning::scream::stuck_out_tongue_winking_eye:

Stella Gibbons Peter.

2 Likes

Wonderful wonderful book :heart::grin:

5 Likes