Drivers on phones in France risk licence loss in 2019

Good! I see too many idiots on their phones. I even see delivery drivers and, the worse one of all, a bus driver with a bus full of people.

4 Likes

Good, be good if Tailgaters were sorted too!

4 Likes

Why do they do itā€¦ (phones/tail-gating) what is really so important that they risk not only their life but that of othersā€¦ :zipper_mouth_face:

2 Likes

People seem to think they are impervious. I guess itā€™s the ā€œit wonā€™t happen to meā€ attitude. Or they just donā€™t realise how dangerous these things are.

1 Like

Iā€™m taking an immense pleasure to slow down when somebody snif the rear of my car !

2 Likes

It does say that drivers will have to commit another offence at the same time before their licence is taken away. Iā€™d rather it was taken away just for using the phone.

3 Likes

Take their phone off them too and ceremoniously stamp on it at the roadside.
Wonā€™t be able to use it after thatā€¦ :grin:

3 Likes

What about a ban on those people who smoke while driving ?
Fumbling a cigarette out of a packet while in ā€˜controlā€™ of a car, reaching down for the lighter, flicking ash, or the cigarette end out of the window without checking there isnā€™t a motorbike coming alongside?
Also what happens if the burning end should drop off in their lap and they panic ?
Smoking as well as phoning while driving should be banned IMHO !

4 Likes

Truck drivers watching DVDs ā€¦

2 Likes

Dogs sitting on the driverā€™s lap, have seen no end of these :frowning:

3 Likes

Putting some make up ā€¦

2 Likes

Things hanging ā€¦

2 Likes

Hanging your handbag on the choke knobā€¦ (showing my age now!)

2 Likes

Smoking can be dangerous to your health in more ways than oneā€¦ :thinking:

Gently driving round a bendā€¦ OH missed the ashtray, the cigarette fell down, his eyes followed its progress and the car sailed up a slope into a lamp postā€¦ going at under 30mphā€¦ car was a write-off and OH was shocked but uninjured. If he had been going fasterā€¦ if there had been kids on the pavementā€¦ all that doesnā€™t bear thinking aboutā€¦ it could so easily have been ghastlyā€¦:zipper_mouth_face::anguished:

He never smoked in the car again (if he was driving) and finally managed to give up 20 years laterā€¦

3 Likes

Wonder where he hangs his Christmas lights and tree :scream:

2 Likes

Hum :thinking: could be a solution

2 Likes

An interesting article about what is allowed or not in other countries
https://www.easyvoyage.com/actualite/tour-du-monde-des-lois-au-volant-70436

Having driven in Manilla in the Philippines the rules are clear. The bigger vehicule you have the more priority you have. Traffic lights are for sissies, driving with no lights is de rigour, swerving in and out of lanes is encouraged, and Jeepneys rule OK ! Toc tocs are to be ignored as are pedestrians :scream:

1 Like

Pretty similar in India. The most important piece of equipment on a vehicle was the horn!

3 Likes

Bit like Italy ?

1 Like