Driving Licence 2018

Thanks Jane. I don’t really think it’s how he feels; more like is he capable? He’ll actually be 72 on 3 January! The address is a UK of his Dad (now deceased!) It gets worse!

Oh heavens!

There is a facebook group about changing driving licences run by a woman who really knows her stuff. However the site is closed for christmas ( I guess she needs a break!), but recommend you ask there after christmas…

Otherwise I have no wise advice, apart from giving your OH a sharp slap on the head for being so stupid!

It may be down to pleading with french authorities for leniency, perhaps armed with medical certificate saying ok to drive. …

Entre nous… could he use a UK address to renew it and then apply for a French one :shushing_face:

He should have renewed in UK before 70…and with a now defunct address on it will be treading on very delicate ground. …

In all honesty, getting a medical certificate saying he’s fit to drive would be the hardest. In some ways him not having a licence will ease the stress and strain my heart when I’m a passenger but all he really wants to do is pop down to the beach. Will have a look for the facebook lady. Thanks for your help!

Great minds think alike, John! I’ll have a look at that.

Yes, probably needs a medical to renew too? Just trying explore all the angles. I didn’t get where I am today without exploring all angles, as CJ would say.

Get a voiture sans permis! If all he wants to do is drive a few km at under 55km/hr then that is it sorted!

Well blow me down with a feather! Entre nous…applied to the DVLA online on Tuesday, last Tuesday the 29th, using sisters’ address and a spanking new licence arrived at said address this morning!

Well I would still look at changing your car or getting and extra one sans permis. Top speed 55km and other drivers keep well away!