Driving license exchange

@_Brian …thanks for that, any info of if it’s near resolution and are applications made prior to 31 Dec (and which are showing in the system ie haven’t rejected) being processed ?

John - that’s all the information she has. Many people who applied before 31 Dec 21 have had their applications rejected: no-one has reported a successful exchange, I’m afraid.

Kate Cranstoun appears to have the patience of a saint, with many people asking the same question without a brief look at the very clear ‘latest information’ at the top of her site. Hey advice is always the same: “It will happen, be patient!”

1 Like

don’t be a patient - be patient :wink:

1 Like

As I understood some of her facebook posts if your application is still showing en cours, or en instruction, then it is just sitting in the great ANT hill of applications waiting for the day.

A lot of people (OH included) got an email recently but turns out this was just the ANT hill automatically churning out a sign of life. But no more than that.

Wonder what’s happening to French residents in the UK who need to exchange their licences for a British one? after all we are told it’s a reciprocal process tbat has not been worked out ?

1 Like

I could be wrong, but I understood that the main issue is that the UK failed to negotiate an EU wide agreement as part of the Brexit negotiations. So now needs to do a deal with each country individually.

The UK itself continues to accept EU licences up to age 70, as they haven’t yet classed these differently or put in place any process at all. .

However all the EU countries now consider the UK as a third country national with the consequences we are experiencing,

3 Likes

Checked my ANTS account today and discovered my request has disappeared …feeling slightly sick and stressed now.
Tried finding Kim Cranstouns group on Facebook but can’t find that either. :anguished:

It’s called “Applying for a French Driving Licence”. You have to apply to join, and she usually archives it over the weekend - to protect her sanity, I imagine.

1 Like

https://www.facebook.com/groups/206199943590115/about

Here you are, Peter.

If you look for Kim Cranstoun on FB generally, there is only one! You shouldbe able tomessage her directly - I did!

Edit: Snap Brian!

I would like to get her up to date information but am not prepared to use FB to do it. Such a shame the info isn’t publicly and openly available. F&^$%# FB!

I created a Facebook account just to see her group and have found it useful. I did it by creating a new email account that I only used for Facebook.

That’s what I did too…& suddenly became a 25 yr old man…

Her page isn’t accessible over the weekends.

I only use it for that as well - I already had an account because of the business, which no longer exists, but am looking forward to getting rid of it :smiley:

“Cough” :rofl: :wink:

It’s accessible, just not postable! (If that’s a word…)

1 Like

Thank you all for your responses and the link - I will attempt to get to it tomorrow as it currently reports as unavailable - I can’t blame her for archiving it at weekends :slight_smile:

Don’t be. I think this has happened to a number of people, due to some temporary glitch or other. But order was restored. When Kim’s group comes back online on Monday you can check and I feel pretty certain that it’s not catastrophic.

Hi Peter, don’t worry. ANTS has regular bugs. My colleagues and I had 15, yes you read correctly, requests disappear overnight only to have them turn up again 48 hours later.
Sit tight, and given the current situation, wait and try not to worry. :pray:

1 Like

I did that, Facebook found out, told me I had to sign up to revealing all my personal information and banned me. (Well, “him” :slight_smile: , anyway.)

Even on my phone it’s not possible to reject all-but-essential cookies on Facebook.

The sooner Facebook gets fairly taxed everywhere and the liberties it’s taking are curtailed, the better.

1 Like

The sooner they get called to task for destroying the internet and manipulating billions of people the better.

5 Likes