Driving license exchange

Daughter having first grandchild in about three weeks so that wouldn’t go down well.

Apparently it is only valid for driving in France according to info from the Facebook group. :frowning_face:

Oh s… ! do you know how quickly are they issuing actual licences following on from the attestation?
But as it seems HMG aka Boris doesn’t currently seem to think our vaccinations are kosher we won’t be going any time soon!

I heard from ANTS late on Friday to ask for birth certificate (I gave them the original so will see whether they accept that or not) and also the CoE plus either a medical certificate for categories C and D or an attestation to say I don’t want them.

Edit: I have ordered the CoE but heaven knows when it will arrive! Have you got yours yet @strudball

@AngelaR
Pleased for you, has your licence actually run out and did you do anything to prompt them to contact you?
Mine runs out on 19th August.
I ordered a CofE and DVLA tell me it was sent out om 30th June but second class…I’ll let you know when it arrives …at least another week I expect.
Re birth certificate I read somewhere ANTS require a copy dated in last 3 months so I ordered a copy from North Lincs Council last Monday, paid for priority and got it three days later, so you might want to do that.

@strudball
My licence runs out just after yours but my maiden name, which is what they use, is before yours in the alphabet so I reckon you’ll hear shortly! I didn’t do anything, I just got an email saying that my application needed more documents, but as I say, that was Friday evening so only just happened.
If you go onto ANTS (which is horrible to navigate) does it say anything other than “in progress” against your application?

No, but does have a recent date of 6th July when they mailed me to say it was in progress…but no indication of whether action will happen before my current one expires in four weeks.

Just read it another thread……glad I didn’t panic over driving licence… ?? that Ants are asking for either WARP or old CdeS before they will issue attestation allowing driving although UK licence is expired
Is this true as my friend was only asked for a CofE and recent copy birth certificate. Anything on Facebook pages?

UPDATE -15/07/2021 – The Ministry of the Interior has confirmed that ANTS will now accept the DVLA check code document if your licence is in date rather than insisting on the certificate of entitlement.

this is on another site… which might or might not be correct… but it seems reasonable.

1 Like

So if not in date still need to get the certificate?

Paper counterpart to a plastic card licence has been ineligible for anything since 2015.

shows how much I know since I exchanged my licence ~2009 :grinning:

Is that the same as the one you need to provide for car hire in the UK?

Still got an old paper licence, valid for another five years yet.

1 Like

no idea… it’s been too many years since we hired a vehicle in UK

Yes. “Applying for a French Driving Licence” FB group, Documents Required file. As regards UK birth certificates, they never change and copies aren’t dated so there is no such thing as a recent one.

elsewhere in this topic (I think @strudball made it) there was a post that suggested otherwise… that cerified copies from the UK are now dated as such and that would be accepted as a “recent” dated one for French purposes.

Seems to say yes, need WARP/CdS

Apparently the Ministry has instructed ANTS to accept the check code (the same one used for hiring cars), but systems still lagging behind. As soon as this is rock solid it will be put in the Gov.UK living in France guide. But only for people with still valid licences who are under 70.

I can confirm that you are incorrect in as much as the issue date is recorded below the signature of the issuing officer who is a person in the Registration office of the authority (or its successor) where the birth was originally registered, this officer is authorised by the General Register Office which is part of the Home office to certify it is a true copy.
However you are right in that they do not change unlike i believe French Birth certificates.

1 Like