Drones rules and regulations

Glad some rules are in place.

https://www.ecologique-solidaire.gouv.fr/sites/default/files/Règles%20d’usage%20d’un%20drone%20de%20loisir.pdf

I do not fly over people
I use my drone taking care not to endanger people and vehicles nearby. I do not fly over them
and keeps a minimum safe distance. I stay well away from any gathering of people.
I respect the maximum flight heights
Outside authorized aeromodelling sites, the maximum height of evolution is fixed at 150 meters by default but
it is inferior to aerodromes and some military aviation training areas during
their activation schedules. I always respect these maximum heights in order to limit the risk of collision between my
drone and an aircraft. Before any flight, I check the maximum height allowed where I want to maneuver
my drone on http://www.geoportail.gouv.fr/donnees/restrictions-pour-drones-de-loisir. In any case, I do not undertake
not a flight or I interrupt a flight in progress, if an aircraft is nearby.
I never lose sight of my drone and do not use it at night
I keep my drone so far away that it is easily visible to the naked eye and I keep it at all times in my
field of view. Immersion flights (FPV) and the use of tracking drones are however possible under certain
conditions requiring the presence of a second person to ensure safety.
In addition, to ensure the safety of low-flying aircraft, such as helicopters
emergency, the regulation prohibits the use of drones at night, even if they are equipped with light devices.
I do not fly my drone over the public space in built-up areas
In urban areas, flying over my private space with a small drone and no public presence is possible
subject to compliance with a maximum speed and height appropriate to the immediate environment (buildings,
trees, …) and to limit the risks in case of loss of control. I do not use my drone above
public space.
I do not use my drone near aerodromes
I do not use my drone near any airfield that can accommodate planes, helicopters, gliders, ultralights,
etc. Minimum distances of distance are to be respected and can reach 10 km for the aerodromes the most
important.
I do not fly over sensitive sites
Some sensitive or protected sites and their surroundings are prohibited from overflight. These are, for example, central
nuclear facilities, military sites, historic monuments or natural reserves and national parks. I am
informs about the existence of such sites before undertaking a flight.
I respect the privacy of others
The people around me and my drone must be informed of what I am doing, especially if my drone is
equipped with a camera or any other sensor capable of recording data concerning them. I inform people
present, I answer their questions and respect their right to privacy. I refrain from registering
images to recognize or identify people (faces, license plates …) without their authorization.
I do not broadcast my shots without the consent of those involved and I do not use them
commercial
Any image distribution must be authorized by the persons concerned or the owner in the case
a private area (house, garden, etc.) and must comply with the legislation in force (in particular the Law of 6 January 1978
amended “Informatique et Libertés”).
Any use of drone whose objective is the acquisition of shots intended for a commercial exploitation or
is subject to specific requirements and requires the possession of authorizations issued by the management
General Civil Aviation.
I check under which conditions I am insured for the practice of this activity
My liability may be incurred in the event of damage to other aircraft, persons and property
area. If I have not taken out specific insurance, I check the clauses of my civil liability policy.
If in doubt, I inquire
See the model aircraft guide on the Civil Aviation Directorate website for more information
on the conditions of use of recreational drones.

1 Like

Slightly surprised you have a drone since you care so much for dogs. Our experience of a drone out walking was that it completely freaked out our dog who found the noise very disturbing, as well as the flight.

I do not own a drone. It is illegal to fly a drone on our property, we are in a red zone thank god.

The parachute things, with an engine, sent my wee ‘Podengo’ wild Jane.

we have a flight path near us for a small giro copter hence why we have restricted airspace.

To be honest I don’t know how drones came to be on sale to the public so cheaply and easily (at all) .
IMO they should be of restricted use and not be used ‘willy nilly’ by some of the careless idiots out there !

2 Likes

ive never seen a drone myself in flight (well i have in videos but never in person), my dad shot a few down over our farm when he was alive. poachers love them to track game with.

1 Like

Good on ’ im Harry :+1:

Fair enough, but confusing then to put up a post that has everything in first person, (I do this, I don’t do that) so reads as if it was you…

1 Like

sorry it was a directed translation from the book as the rules are in french.

Ah, that explains it… “translators” are useful, but often need tweaking a little :slight_smile:

1 Like

Compulsory Training for Drone users…will be available as from September …

1 Like

Thanks, might take my drone with me to Normandy

Maybe put my drone on a diet, get it below 800 grams

This man has had his drone confiscated for using it without the necessary diploma and without authorisation…