Dual nationalty...bits of paper

It seems like a reasonable idea to establish a second nationality, in these dodgy times, since all it needs, apparently, for me, is a few bits of evidence, as in documents, one of which, is my birth certificate …Everyone happy so far, but I need an attestation from France to say Im not French, and they (Ministere de L’intérieur), have asked me for my translated birth cert. I asked if it matters who translates it…a birth certificate is not a complicated document…but no-one replied.
Does anyone know about translated documents? Must I pay for a govt approved translator.,.is there one on SF?

Yes, it does have to be an official translator. I know it seems absurd to have to translate one, but there you are. My aged Mom (now deceased) lived with us here for 3 years and we needed to get a translation of her b.c. done. But hers (1919) was just a scrappy piece of handwritten paper from Huntingdonshire, which does not exist as such now. We did, however, succeed in getting Mum a carte vitale, so it shows it can be done even under extreme situations. If you get a problem regarding the ‘certified copy’ and ‘copie certifie’, google it and you will find you can get a photocopy of a letter issued by the Consulate in Bordeaux that, when sent off with your translation, gets you out of a hole.

1 Like

Oh, I forgot to mention… €50 for the translator.

1 Like

hahaha! Wonderful! Thank you! I will Google as you suggest…I got my bc, from UK ok…It’s a bit weird because it says on the application form …must have a BC… OR! an ID of some other kind…passport etc…but I am asked to cough up both…must be my immaculate French that made them doubtful…50 quids is not cheap …about a pound per word! You don’t happen to know one, do you?
I had a list from the embassy in Paris, but guess Paris is not the best place to look for the best price…

PS…So sorry about your Mum…

Hi

Yellow Pages, ‘Traducteur’.

I used a lady called Prudence, but I’m afraid I can’t remember her surname!

regards

Roger

1 Like

Each bit of paper. My wife’s bill came to 450€.

1 Like

Thar would be Prudence benetar. Shes based in 24, but will do everything via post and email. We found her very efficient and reasonable as to cost.
Hooe this helps.

1 Like

Thank you people, I will ask Prudence Benetar for her price.
Your help is appreciated!