E-cigarettes - risky or not? 2019

It’s funny how medical descriptions often relate to food, popcorn lung (unusually not related to the appearance of the lung in this condition), strawberry tongue, strawberry scrotum and cervix, even.

I could go on through nutmeg liver, peau d’orange, café-au-lait spots, port wine stain, bread and butter pericardium, chocolate cyst, watermelon stomach, millet seed tuberculosis, pancake brain, the list is endless.

I suppose it is a bit better than making your diagnostic skills seem that much more impressive by just describing what you can see, but in Latin.

1 Like

Sausage fingers and cauliflower ears😂

1 Like

Seems like the first death from e-ciggies has been recorded in the States

It doesn’t surprise me. My dads cousin gave up smoking about 10 years ago and whilst she doesn’t vape she constantly chews nicotine gum because she is still addicted and thinks the gum is harmless. Time will only tell what damage it does.

I think the US recorded deaths were when vaping a cannabis derivative not the normal e liquid. Time will tell. Personally I’ve vaped for about 5 years - I keep my coils fresh as they can get sooted up but I am perhaps less worried than when I smoked tobacco products which to be honest I think I enjoyed at the time. I bought a pipe when I was in my 20’s in Cogolin, a nice little sporty piece which could be folded and fitted into a breast pocket on a shirt :slight_smile: Key is buying a UK or EU sourced liquid and keeping your kit fresh.

From Courrieu? My grandfather had his made there, bamboo, a metre long with an écume de mer bowl.

1 Like

Sounds impressive - if my memory is honest the shop had an orange hue to the name plate above the shop, it was on the edge of town rather than the centre.

I have a red drawstring pouch the pipe was sold with - I’ll see if I can find it given I haven’t used it for at least 15 years.

A metre long! Gosh , I’m assuming he only smoked that one at home.

No, everywhere :blush: actually I exaggerate it was probably only about 80cm (he was very tall and it was about the length of his outstretched arm).

1 Like

Even driving ?
Might have been tricky with the steering wheel…

1 Like

Hi Graham
Being an Ecig ‘puffer’ for many years, I understand the concern of them going on fire. It’s not the ecig that ignites but the cheap batteries. They are mainly Chinese that are recovered from laptop batteries. The helpful clue is the are called names like ‘Tangfire’ , ’ ultrafire etc. The liquid can also be dodgy. I make my own using Pharmacy grade vegetable glycol and. Natural flavours. I do not use any nicotine. My wife calls it my ‘Dummy’. Young puffers don’t go for flavour. They go for maximum vapour so they can annoy all around them .:mask:

1 Like

Puffer

These ‘puffers’ were in common use in NHS hospitals in the 1950s as a standard treatment for patients with ‘chesty coughs’, although if not adequately briefed some patients used to drink the contents instead of inhaling the soothing vapour.

Overdue for a comeback for young fogeys about town?

Most were vaping CBD oil thinking they’d get a high. Wrong. Lipids in the oil can cause Lung problems. Not defending Vaping but how many people have died of lung cancer caused by smoking and how many haven’t because of vaping. Read factual medical papers. No BATB sponsored headlines.

1 Like

Contrairement à la France, le gouvernement britannique mène en effet une politique basée sur la réduction des risques en recommandant la vape comme un outil de sevrage.