Early retirees and health care

Thanks Anna. Let’s hope our local GP is taking new patients, I know he’s been trying to retire for years!

If I’m going to have to pay cotisations, surely they’d notify me at this point, even if they don’t send a bill until December? The letter said nothing about this either…

Cotisations are based on the info you provide on your tax return (cotisations for year N based on income in year N-1). Hence why bills aren’t sent out until tax returns have been processed - until that point they don 't know what your liability is, if any.
What they do if you weren’t resident last year and therefore don’t submit an income declaration, I don’t know. Hopefully someone else will answer that.

1 Like

As well as signing on with a GP (aka MT médecin traitant) you need to get them to sign the form that should be returned to CPAM. If you don’t declare a MT you will be charged a higher price. Some docs can do it online, but if not this is the form

With us it took at least 18 months before we were billed.

2 Likes

My new MT did the thing with my caisse on his computer when I signed on with him. I didn’t have to do anything. I got a letter in the post confirming the change of MT shortly after.
But thinking about it, I thinkthe process involved him scanning my carte vitale so maybe that doesn’t work if no cv has yet been issued.

When you apply to PUMA I’m sure that you have to include pay information for at least the previous 12 months. I think I’ve read of cases where people who had large incomes, possibly dividend payments, before they arrived in a France had to pay their first year based on those figures.

1 Like

Nope…no financial info required on the form these days

Not on that form, no. They then ask for all that later on a different form, so yes they do receive information from the previous year outside France.

1 Like

link no longer working - anyone know the correct link? i cannot yet find thr form 1106 i have to complete! thanks

1 Like

Chris Kite, thank you!

1 Like

@anon27586881 - you seem to be “in the know” - with this subject.

I am also an early retiree (just working now on our own gite renovation so in effect unpaid). I don’t have an S1.

We have been here for 1 year permanently - what should be my next steps?

Thank you very much for help/advice - it may be a bit late for such right now but better than nothing.

Aren’t you in the health system by now?

Damned well should be - but not yet.

Next steps towaards what? :thinking:

Enlightenment!

No getting a Carte Vitale.

1 Like

Fill in the form, attach the documents, and send it to your nearest CPAM caisse. And wait…And remember to keep or scan a copy.

1 Like

Ah OK.
Well I guess you download the form that Chris Kite kindly provided a link to a couple of posrs up.
And if you don’t have any kind of health insurance in place at the moment, it would be wise to remedy that.

Do you need to go in person or can it be posted?

You can’t go in person to most caisse now…but you can ring them to check. If you sent it suivi (you can get online if post office closed) that should be accepted.

Are you serious???
Post it!!

2 Likes