EDF - problem - any remedies

Certainley a "Phising" scam .. I received an identical mail, and I'm not an EDF client !!
Don't open the link, (that goes to a non EDF site), and rub out the mail !

I receive similar mails pretending to be from IP providers, banks, etc, but never from those , or on email addresses I am suscribed to !

Annie,

I had exactly the same e-mail last Friday, saying that 'the bank had refused payment' and to 'click on the link'. Since my bank statement had already shown that August's payment had been made, and the next isn't due till this week, I knew it was a scam.

NEVER open links in these things - contact EDF (or whoever) directly and report itI have had the same (frequently) from 'Orange' saying my direct debit has been refused - difficult, because I don't have one - I pay by TIP each month!

Also, beware of anything that begins -'Dear Customer' etc - most will address you by name if they are genuine.

Hi Annie

I received a warning email on Friday from a friend who is a barrister here in the Gers. This is what she wrote:

"I've just received an e-mail from EDF with a link telling me that there has been a problem with on-line payment. It seemed very dubious to me so I rang EDF and it's a scam. Don't reply and call EDF to notify them. Please pass on'.

Hope this helps.

Marieanne

Sorry to hear about your problems but delighted I wasn't the only one that got this email! However I assumed the problem was with my account, not EDF's, so now I know otherwise it strikes me as a bit rich they're threatening penalties and disconnection if I don't sort it out - surely it's EDF who should be sorting it!!

Annie - their phone lines are always ' call back later " !! but, I do have an email that works ( after trying two that were bounced back undeliverable - despite receiving email on those addresses ! )

its from their english section , who i have always found quite helpfull. my 'advise' is to just send a 'i need help paying my bill' email .. dont be specific in the email .. and ask them to call you at a specific time ( they wont give you a number to call them !! )

simpleenergywithedf@edf.fr

if you dont get a call, resend by forwarding the email with 'URGENCE DEUXIÈME RELANCE" as the title

good luck ! !

John West

You must have a supporting bill. Was it a manual read of the meter or estimated? A transposed digit perhaps? If it's the digit on the left that's wrong, it can make a big difference...... :)