Electric mowers

I have a Mikita 36 volt, 2x18 volt 5 Amp BAtteries. Superb machine. Cuts happily for 25 mins. Cant fault it. Bought from Brico Privé, on a Deal.

1 Like

We have one of these also - I prefer the newer model that now includes a steel deck and mulching - ours has a plastic deck and does not mulch. It is pretty good - but would be an expensive solution for @toryroo. (Makita mower + charger + 2x batteries would be approx 300 euros)

1 Like

'Melodramatically sensitive to foreign noises". I say again your poodle is so very French :slight_smile: . I loved that first picture of her.

1 Like

Thanks, Gigi’s a lovely dog and several times each week we get stopped on the street by people wishing to pay her compliments, including, << C’est magnifique ! >> which doesnt’t quite correspond to my, admittedly limited, understanding of the phrase. Nevertheless, whether ‘magnifique’ or ‘belle’, she’s certainly no bimbo, poodles are supposed (by some at least) to be the most intelligent of breeds and I’ve certainly no reason to disagree.

However, Gigi only eats one or two blades of grass a week, so it’s unlikely that she would be a satisfactory substitute for a cordless strimmer.

Neither have I, in the dim and distant past, I trained a standard poodle to be a very good gun dog. Nice dogs.

1 Like

I’ve had a Bosch Rotak 37 battery-powered lawnmower for a few years now - we don’t have a huge area of grass but it does the lot on about half to 2/3rds of a charge, and is acceptably quiet. I buy a new blade for it each year but the original battery is still going strong.

1 Like

We had one of these in UK - my wife has still not forgiven me for giving it to my parents - I wasn’t aware how fond somebody could be of a lawnmower!

2 Likes