Electric pool cleaners

Hi everyone - any recommendations for electrically operated pool cleaners? Our pool is figure 8 about 32sq m and has an odd system of a skimmer built into a set of steps!

There is no side port, so I'm looking at electrically operated robots. A neighbour has a Turbo Elite which he says works well and climbs the side walls ok.

They all look a bit pricey though!

Any inputs welcome, thanks in advance.

Hi John, many thanks, will take some piccies and email you!

Ok Dave, you have one of the modified versions (sand filter) not cartridge. Any chance of some photos?

Maybe easier sending them to john@le-pre.co.uk

Adding a couple of skimmers and a few returns would work wonders for the flow pattern and that means more dirt/leaves in the skimmers, less on the floor. Of course you'll have to empty the skimmers more often but it could save a robot cleaner purchase.

Hi John, thanks for stopping by and appreciate your input.

Yes, it's a Crystal pool - alreday here when we bought the house. The skimmer and return setup is a bit weird, but works ok. We do live in amongst woodland, so lots of very high trees about. Not much problem with leaves at the moment, but I seem to need to vac the bottom and/or brush the sides almost every day at the moment. pH level and chlorine seem ok. I am getting some green appearing on sides and bottom just now, although it was really clear most of last month. Filtering is on for 3-4 hours a day, pool is about 50 cu m.

It's mostly pretty clear, it's just the regulat bottom vac and side brushing I was looking to replace with a robot.

We have a sand filter. How could we improve the filter setup? Appreciate your thoughts.

A Crystal pool?

The double bubble does give an interesting flow pattern.

Pricey is tricky all down to perception but these pool cleaners don't learn your pool so they are a bit random and miss parts. This is why some of the more costly units have a remote steering control so you can guide them to the parts they miss.

How dirty does your pool get, surrounding trees or pretty clear?

Personally spending the budget for a pool robot on improving the filter setup would be the way I would go but they may not be your thoughts but as you have noted the skimmer currently isn't wonderful.