Electric Tape

Where have you found to be cheapest? UK or France? Any particular makes?

Thanks Monica! That's fabulous!

I got an answer from Catherine (responsible for equitelec.fr) You can use the cord you found on her website without any problem. de stainless steel conductors have diamètre of 0.40mm ( wich is the maximum you can get! the plastic fiber / wires around it are of an high quality polyéthylène. use only the proper accessories to connect 2 cords because otherwise you're damaging the conductivity of your fence ( by example article. VJ22 from equitelec)

I personally would not change the power on your energiser , a specially with "furry" winter ponies.. but use the proper cord for your fence!

We've turned it down and I've also remembered that when we put the fencing up, that section got damaged - Frizz managed to get tangled in it and went sideways across the field wearing the fence, so that section is probably weakened and needs replacing. It wasn't a problem with the previous energisers as they were solar powered and nothing like as powerful, even on full pelt. Hope fully that should sort it....

Yup it's earthed!

Area of around 1800 m - got three strands of wire

Its an acme Secur 2000 - what else do you need to know?

Thanks ladies - the ponies appreciate it....!

I agree with Fiona, so tell us what kind of mains 'energiser' ( electrificateuer pour secteur) you 've got , and how you connect it to your fence...

Would this be good?

http://www.equitelec.eu/category.php?id_category=21

Help! if I don't sort this out (and cheaply) James is going to turn the horses into sausages....

We've bought a thing to attach the fencing to the mains - ponies have stopped escaping but there is no way to turn the power down on the box so it is on full pelt all the time. The electric tape keeps burning out - we're using the thin wire stuff. Anyone got any suggestions - Philip do you still get this problem with the thicker 'rope'? And which brand you use?

Help!

you can also check out the following website http://www.equitelec.eu … a french company ( recently also available on the English market so the website is translatet in English as well)

There prices are really interesting …
when you contact them tell them MOnica send you!

Thanks everyone - we’ve wired ours up to the mains and it now works a treat…but no doubt we’ll need more tape at some point…

Thanks Phil. We’ve got a plan for the gate too - will post a picture when sorted!