Emergency services in rural France

What amount range is appropriate when I do get them to come with the calendar? Actually the La Poste one isn’t bad…

So glad I’m not the only one up! I’m hate all the calendars, much prefer my Aussie ones mum sends bit quite frankly I never use them either! Of course I still buy them, but they go straight in the recycling :rofl:

1 Like

OH gives €5, I give €15 if they get me instead. And a neighbour who had a heart attack gives €50. Which is to say the range is wide!!

2 Likes

€20 for me, but that has been it for many years now, and there have been some years when they haven’t called, and got nothing.

1 Like

Like so many things… there’s no set sum. Folk give whatever they want… if they want to. There’s no pressure.

1 Like

I’ve called the emergency services twice over winter for my husband and a few weeks ago for myself on returning home after an operation. I have nothing but praise for them.
Having worked 15 years for the NHS and recently retired through ill health, I can honestly say the service in france is better organised and delivers a faster service. I hope you’re neighbour recovers well in the coming months.

1 Like