Equity release on a house in UK

(Jennifer Jones) #1

Has anyone had any experience (successful or otherwise!) of being able to do an equity release scheme on a property in UK (obviously with no mortgage or similar) when living in France? We have a property in UK we really do not want to sell but would like to take a lump sum cash out of the equity.

(Melvyn Anthony) #2

Hello Jennifer,

I have no direct experience of this, but I suspect that a gentleman called Graham Keysell of the Spectrum IFA Group in France might know how to achieve this - and could certainly advise on the merits.

I would be interested to hear from anyone who has information concerning a French resident obtaining equity release on a French property...

(David Silcox) #3

I would avoid this if possible. If the thread gets going I will research and say more. I do not have much experience but my gut tells me it is not a great idea. It may makes some sense but caution.

(Danny Blackburn) #4

Really useful link
Thanks Jennifer…did you get anywhere on your original question - the possibility of equity release on your uk property???

(Jan Wallace) #5

Thankyou Jennifer, found some interesting info

(Jennifer Jones) #6

Hello Jan,

Try this link:

http://www.french-property.com/guides/france/finance-taxation/mortgages/equity-release/

(Jan Wallace) #7

Does anyone know if it's possible to release equity on a french property ?

(Greg Hannaford) #8

Top question. I am in UK at the moment and could make enquiries, if you'd like? Please be advised there might be commercial mileage in this endeavour for both of us.

(Danny Blackburn) #9

Great question… I’m looking forward to reading the thoughts of the group on this.
Good luck.