Eric Zemmour

It probably means I’m really shallow
but watching M Zemmour
I can’t help but thinking of a mashup of Charles Aznavour and Gollum

5 Likes

You are right lookswise - he really is an appalling creature, if he were just a creep it would be bad enough but he is a very nasty bit of work surrounded by a constellation of other equally nasty bits of work.

4 Likes

Can’t bring myself to watch or listen to him, he is vile. I hope his family are ashamed of him.

4 Likes

How can anyone interact with “porridge”?

Capital “P”, if you don’t mind :rofl:

Think of me as a two-day-old baguette, if you prefer.

1 Like

You add a pinch of salt, a dollop of golden syrup and away you go!

1 Like

I always think of Porridge as a cat. It was my sister’s cat’s name.

2 Likes

In the same way as Rice Pudding?

1 Like

Damn straight, @Geof_Cox

4 Likes

Ah, but now we know the secret ingredient in rice pudding, so no longer faceless.

3 Likes

From the horse’s mouth…

1 Like

He was on Inter this morning, I listened in the car but couldn’t hear all of it because of work. He is appalling, how he takes anyone in is beyond me. Horrible horrible person.

1 Like

Yes - the report is of his interview on Inter.

I agree he’s horrible - but also find it fascinating (as an Englishman) that the UK media recognise him as ‘far right’, but never use that term about Johnson or the current UK government.
But Zemmour is right - they are!

Isn’t the French far right nearer to centre right for the rest of the planet?

Unless the last U.K. election was a victory by the BNP and no-one told me, the current U.K. government is an utter **** show, but it isn’t “far right” by any meaningful definition.

1 Like

Priti Patel, Rees-Mogg, Nadine Dorries, Tom Hunt and others have all individually expressed far right views. How many does one need to demonstrate that at the heart this government is heading that way? Many recent policies are xenophobic, and I find the delight in establishing a “hostile environment policy” quite awful.

But having said that I still think Zemmour is worse than Boris.

1 Like

Yes, you are right on both counts.

I rather think that Zemmour is France’s equivalent of Stephen Yaxley-Lennon.

It’s simply corrupt.

1 Like

I think it’s rather the inverse - the UK centre-right is the far right for the rest of the planet (or at least western Europe)!

But I agree with @JaneJones - while I have no doubt that there are maybe a hundred or so Tory MPs (including the ex-kippers) that are ‘far right’ by international standards - many of them in government - I don’t think Johnson is really among them. Real fascists take themselves terribly seriously!

1 Like

He isn’t a real anything but opportunist, I think genuine fascists as you say take themselves terribly seriously because they actually believe the claptrap they spout.
I think EZ certainly believes his schtick.

I don’t think many of the finest cabinet money can buy believe in anything but a shortcut to the next trough so they can get their snouts in it.

6 Likes