Escape artists

Last night was the last night of our child free break - I have to drive to Normandy tomorrow to collect them…arg!

Anyway, so we had a few more glasses of wine than we should have - no problem as no kids = lie in. Until the neighbour knocked on the door at 5 am - Frizz was wandering around his garden again. The bag wouldn't even let me catch her without a bucket of food - I was murmuring 'come here sausage' (term of endearment) whilst Mr H was muttering 'more like sausage meat'...

We have three strands of electric fencing and somehow she limbo dances between them. Anyone got any cost effective solutions that do not involve turning her into sausages?

Love it!

I’ve obviously got a Shetland in a Percheron’s body, he has been known to jump out of his starvation paddock in the spring…

Don’t even get me started on Shetlands. I found ours in the feed room one morning having eaten everything in sight. If a pony could have clutched his tummy and burped, he would have done.

Hi Cat!!! raise the power? Sultan’s owner did it (I accidently “felt” it as well… wouahouuuu… you don’t do it twice, I tell you!)

PS: Is your neighbour’s grass greener? :slight_smile:

I feel like wiring her up to the mains but resist and tie some tape to her headcollar - it always happens overnight so I’m pretty sure she knows she isn’t meant to get out and is just being deliberately naughty… Will swap the tape for the thicker stuff too.

Mains electric? :slight_smile:
It stopped the snakewitch!

Child free break, very jealous here!!

We have the same problem with my yearlings who can step delicately between strands the minute the power goes off, are your fences on the mains? Sometimes a battery just doesn’t give them enough of a shock…the only field thay don’t get out of is the one next to my house on the mains. Also, using the thicker ribbon seems to be better than the narrower cord type stuff. A friend up in Normandy has an escape artist shetland and has to keep him in a headcollar with a piece of eletric tape attached to it, it’s the only way he gets a shock!!!