Evening all, how was your week? Alternatively, how was your BDay? :)

Had a great week working on the house, what did you do?

ā€œBā€ Day turned out to be non-Brexity, but the next two weeks are now critical.

1 Like

Busy working week which continues tomorrow, today was yet another ā€˜damp squibā€™ regarding Brexit but not unexpected.

1 Like

Just back from a week in Portugalā€¦ planned to get home before 11pm tonight but neednā€™t have rushed!

1 Like

Work, work, work, workā€¦

Work, work, work but got given 2 bottles of rose from a student so not all bad!

3 Likes

BDay got off to a sunny startā€¦ and I left OH gently potteringā€¦

I came back 2 hours later to find he had had a relapseā€¦ so the stress of Politics came a poor second to the stress of what to do with him.

Thankfully our Doc gave sound advice over the phone and all is now wellā€¦ we live to fight another dayā€¦

as does Mrs Mayā€¦ :hushed::smile:

PS: heā€™s finished off a huge bowl of moules tonightā€¦ always a good sign when he clears his plateā€¦ :hugs:

9 Likes

Oh Stella we are so sorry - hope you are ok xx

1 Like

The story of my lifeā€¦ bit of a roller-coasterā€¦ his health is fragileā€¦ but he is still alive and kickingā€¦ and each day is a gift, so we make the most of it. :relaxed::relaxed:

3 Likes

B day is a perfect day for me!

Currently sat at Dover waiting to board our boat - arrive at the house tomorrow lunchtime.

Keep the sun warm for us!!!

4 Likes

Ohā€¦ how lovelyā€¦ fingers crossed for good weatherā€¦

1 Like

Sorry to here that this has happened again.

Sending love to you both x

1 Like

It was our forty fourth wedding anniversary and we went out to lunch, toasted each other and the fact that we were still in the EU.

9 Likes

Forty-fours years eh, the guyā€™s a saint.:grinning:

You cheeky beggarā€¦ :upside_down_face: Heā€™s a lucky man !!!

I think it is lovely when folk get to enjoy their lives togetherā€¦over so many yearsā€¦ :hugs::hugs::hugs:

4 Likes

Last year the in-laws celebrated 50 years of purgatory (sorry marriage) and it took a lot of persuading by us for them to actually acknowledge the fact theyā€™d been together for that long, FIL simply said ā€˜whatā€™s to celebrate?ā€™. I do look at some couples and think ā€˜why are they still married?ā€™, but after several decades it obviously must work.

1 Like

:rofl::rofl: for folk who are still enjoying themselvesā€¦ it is wonderfulā€¦:heart::heart:

for folk who are not enjoying themselvesā€¦ it must be awfulā€¦ :thinking:

However, none of us know what really ā€œbindsā€ folk togetherā€¦ and, with some folk, while we might well wonder ā€œwhy are they still marriedā€ā€¦ it is for them alone to know the answer. :zipper_mouth_face:

1 Like

ā€œgivenā€ yeah right! - Confiscating from Students again?!

2 Likes

Sorry to hear about your OH Stella.

It must be such a worry for you both when he has relapses ā€˜out of the blueā€™.

Sending hugs and thoughts your way ā€¦:hugs:xx

2 Likes

Congratulations Jane x

3 Likes